Is he shy or not interested? any ideas?

so this guy i take transit to school with at times is quiet and doesn't say too much, and mostly conversations depend on me asking questions to keep it going otherwise it becomes silent and i personally feel awkward. well in September i saw him again after the break and he was with a friend (both were standing a bit far from me) - he turned around smiled and said hi so i went to them and suprrisingly he was so taklative, he even introuduced his friend. the next time i saw them they didn't turn around but when they got infront of me and as the friend was leaving he said outloud that im stadning behind the main guy and then both turned around and smiled and said hi. another then a couple times after that they didn't say hi, even when the guy was by himself he would quickly leave. a couple days ago i was on the bus and as i was coming off the guys friend met me at the door and smiled and started talking to me, and he told me the quiet guy was here as well and when i turned around i saw him and he was smiling. it was strange at that moment because the two guys were with a group of friends, and they all kind of walked off and left me and the quiet guy. so even though we stood close to his friends on the train he was just mostly talking to me while his friends sat on the seats. i told him he can go to his friends if he wants and he said its okay (was he just being poliete?) anyways yesterday he was walking up with a friend i believe, i tunred my face as i could hear people talking as they were walking ahead of me and he looked and smiled and said hi. well after they stood a few steps ahead the friend left, so he turned around and came to me. we had a small conversation but then it became quiet until his ride came cause i wasn't feeling too well and couldnt say anything and he didn't ask anything either

so guys is there a reason for this?

ps we both are 20
also sometimes he avoids me and sometimes he comes to me on his own and smiles so its very confusing

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, he might like you its definitely possible. It looks like he could be shy or not sure if your interested enough to pursue something. But yeah, it does seem that he kinda likes you though.

What Girls Said 0