Dating outside of your race?

Would you consider someone racist if they don't date outside of their race?

---

I'm only attracted to my own race but I don't considered myself racist. I just get along so much better with someone of my own race due to cultural reasons and I find the guys to be attractive. I go to a very diverse university, so a lot of my friends come from all different backgrounds and I love them all, I just wouldn't date them.

I have no problem with dating outside your race, I think it's great. But it's just not for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I kinda know what you mean on that. I don't really consider a lot of African American females to be physically appealing, though I have no problem whatsoever with other races than my own. I am not racist, plain and simple. The girl I'm currently going somewhat spasmodic over is native, for the most part. I don't even consider that when I think about her. The school I'm in, the only other fully white person there is my little sister, so I'm really not around my own ethnicity a lot and I don't care. I really don't think I'd ever get involved with someone from my school, but that's because everyone is either a partier, someone who literally plans to do nothing with their lives or both. I'm with you, I have no problems with other races, I'm just not necessarily attracted to them.

What Guys Said 17

• The only way it can be racist is if you would consider your race superior than another

• Not at all. I love different cultures and respect them. I definitely don't think my race is in any way superior

• Then you aren't being racist, enough said lol

• Technically, that's what racism is. You're prejudiced against dating someone, because of their race. And who said "race" and culture have anything to do with each other? I know a legit black french guy and he acts more stereotypically french than "african american".

That being said, I don't find girls of norse heritage to be all that attractive. Does that mean I'm racist against white people? No. I've dated almost exclusively girls of norse heritage. My aesthetic preferences are just elsewhere, but I don't refuse to date them simply because they are white.

So yeah, you are racist. You seem to be fine with it though, and besides the dating you seem to think that treat everyone pretty fairly, so who cares?

• "No. I've dated almost exclusively girls of norse heritage. My aesthetic preferences are just elsewhere"

So you've dated girls that you're not attracted to....? That doesn't make sense to me. I'm just not physically attracted to certain races and I can't date someone I'm not attracted to. That's not fair to me or to him

• Avksx, ignore MySpacebroke. He's being an ass by trying to seek validation for HIS point of view and his point of ONLY. Typical racist. Just ignore him. He'll keep going and going until someone says he has a point, which he doesn't.

• Why would I try to seek validation for my point of view? I was engaging an individual with a differing opinion than my own in debate, in an attempt to hopefully change his view of things. He did the same. And as for not promoting an opposing ideal, I fail to see how that has anything to do with racism. I was in disagreement with his opinion, he was in disagreement with mine. Neither one of us were about to start arguing the other's point of view. That isn't how debate works.

• Its not racist. its just you feel more comfertable dating within your own race. no problem there, there are a lot of people from other races that feel the same way and have no prejutice against other. it just comes down to whether or not you refuse to assosiate with another race just based on their race that would determine you beign racist or not. clearly you have no problems with other races so your not racist at all, nothing to worry about.

Good Luck, God Bless

• It’s just a matter of preference. Culture will naturally have a lot to do with it too. Culture is the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution, organization, or a group. Friendship usually does not become as deep and intimate as relationships so many of the conflicts that derive from the differences in culture are able to be avoided. Unfortionatly culture seems to be typifyed by race for some of us. Ever hear the terminology “white-washed” or “oreo” simply because they fail to follow the culture prescribed to them based on race? Personally I like cultures that value positive relations and intelligence.

• I would date anyone regardless of color or race, but I'm largely attracted to my own race. And English girls of course ;).

• the majority of girls I've been with have been white, some indian. I have no preference really. I think if it came down to it, id want a child that looked like me, skin color and all, just so I could have a mini version of myself. I would make exceptions though if I virtually fell head over heels for someone and them as well.

• Not racist at all. Everyone has their preferences.

• Is it really about culture? Then you'd have no problem dating Americanized guys of various races.

• then y ask the question if ur alredy close minded about the topic? :s

• No.

I am not attracted to black women. Or Latin women. I am attracted to oriental and indian / asian women.

I'm not attracted to redheaded women...and there are no BLACK redheads!

That's not racism, it's a physical preference.

You aren't racist either

• I don't think you're racist at all. Everyone should have the freedom to be with whoever they want.

• u f***in racist. I hate racism

• i don't understand why. you would date me I could guarantee it. I usually get what I want

• there isn't anything racist about what you want to have for yourself. the question is crazy haha

• I've mostly dated white women but I also have dated a black woman and a Native American woman and one of my most serious relationships was with an Asian woman. I don't think you're racist. People all have "types."

• i say a little bit.

not even racist, just close minded. sure, people have preferences, but those are learned or developed out of experiences. men are genetically attracted to fertile and healthy females. being from africa or europe doesn't affect that.

• This is a painful question--I wouldn't want any girl screening me out due to my race or nationality, so I wouldn't do it to any girl. If a girl is cute and has a great personality, she's attractive to me, no matter what the color of her skin is or where she was born.

What Girls Said 21

• if you had a class with a guy of a different race then you, who made you laugh, was incredibly sweet, had the same values and morals as you, same religion, came from a similar family, and you had a little crush on him, would you turn him down for a date if he asked you out? probably not.

i used to think that I would never date an asian guy, but then I met my bf, who happens to be half thai... I guess you just really don't know who you are going to fall in love with, and every race has attractive people and unattractive people, there is no race that is entirely made up of ugly people.

• I've never met someone like that so I can't say. But if I'm not opposed to dating outside my race, I just haven't met that someone yet

• I see, then you aren't anywhere close to being racist =) don't worry about it

• I personally think you're being a little close-minded. who cares what the person looks like if they have a rockin personality, I mean,what's stopping you?

as for me, all of my friends tease me about how I never date/like a straight up, white christian boy. like now for instance, I'm dating an asian guy and he's perfect and its rare that his ethnicity ever becomes an issue. he has so much to offer, and actually just went with his family to china over the summer and brought me back a bunch of cool little things and a ton of pictures of places he went. I thought it was awesome that he was open to sharing his culture with me and really just can't relate with you in the sense that you aren't willing to try something, or in this case, someone different

• I don't think you understand my position at all. You're making me out to be someone who's close minded and against different culture which I am not. I love traveling and learning about new culture and people. That being said, it's different when you're dating someone.

• It's a preference thing. Some girls like the buff type, some girls like the chubbier type. This one happens to only be attracted to her own ethnicity. It's like calling someone closed-minded if they don't feel like giving their own gender a try in the sack. It's just not for them.

• I defintely agree with MySpace and know what you're saying as well, and I would absolutely not say that you're a racist but I don't think that I would take back what I said, because I think that you're looking for a specific answer, and that's okay

I was a lot like you a couple years ago until I started broadening my horizons and started taking everyone into consideration. it really is a preference thing but I guess until you really find someone, it won't matter what catagory they fit into:)

• You can't help who you are or are not attracted to. Maybe one day you'll find a guy outside your race that you really connect with. I noticed you said you are Asian. Asian and western culture is very different and even though you were born in America certain cultures can influence their family for many generations. I've met people of different races who have been here for 5 plus generations, longer than my own family, and their families still weren’t very ‘westernized’. I have a couple East Indian friends who were born here (in Canada) and families have been here for a few generations. And even though they like people outside their race they still are pressured by their families to date and eventually marry only East Indian people (and of the same religion). I don't think many white westerners quite understand this.

• I think it is racist. You can't say for example, "I'm not attracted to Black women" because every Black woman looks different. There is also such a blend of races. It's not just black and white... what about someone is 1/2 Italian, 1/8 Puerto Rican, 1/8 Swedish, and 1/4 African American? I'm attracted to all races. For me it depends on the individual person.

• Wow... the ad on this page right now is for "AfroRomance... where love is more than skin deep. Join thousands of members looking for their interracial partner..." BAH-HA-HA! LOVE IT! So ironic. :-D

• if you do not date outside your race that does not mean you're racist.

you have preference. everyone has preferences

being a racist means essentially you do not see yourself as able to co-exist with another member of a different race or color.

• Nope, if you took a hundred random guys from your usual "type" you could still look at each visually and say which is cute and which don't appeal to you! Just like some men don't prefer blondes, some women don't prefer black guys. Its just a physical trait. It doesn't mean you won't meet someone of that "non-preference" who strikes up an interesting conversation one day that sparks your interest.

Culture does have a lot to do with what we prefer, I totally agree.

• i find that as a good thing. At least you won't get dirty remarks about the different race they are or you are. And if they have a problem with it they should kiss your ass.

• Thats how I am. I don't consider myself a racist either, I just have my pereferences. Just like how some people like blondes better than brunettes. I don't hate other races, I just rather date my own.

• To be honest I'm the complete opposite, I mean I go out with white guys if I like them but I'm rarely attracted to them. Still friends with them but my personal favourite is Spanish, don't know why, so I don't think it's racist I think it's just down to taste. It's like saying that you're attracted to guys with long hair, that doesn't mean you're against people with short hair. :)

• I am mixed with Chines, black, Indian, Spanish, and Arawak another Indian race. I am from the Caribbean. I don't really date black guys because I am not attracted to them, but I do date, everything else. I find dating someone from a different background helps open my mind, and give me a new perspective on things. You shouldn't care what other people think of you when you date another person that isn't in your race. Love has no boundaries, and color doesn't define a person.

I think you should give it a try, and see. You might enjoy it. Plus mixed babies are by far the most beautiful. Sometimes...lol

• i think its like preferring blondes to brunettes, its just your taste. you're not racist. I've dated white guys, asian guys and black guys, but in the end its about the person. simple as.

• i have and do date outside my race, but it is perfectly ok to date your own race primarily. we do what is familiar to us, and if you have tons in common, it seems simple.. but there are all kind of men, culture isn't limited to skin color tho I explore cultures that aren't my own

• i don't think I would call youthat, your just picky! but I woul dnever date in my race, because phillippins all know everyone, and your all related in one way or another!

• I don't think it's racist. I'm black and I have dated black and white guys. But that's just me. You just seem to feel comfortable dating guys who are like you. There is nothing wrong with that. You have to do whatever you are comfortable with.

• Yes I could but I choose not to.

• I'm Korean and I only date white guys. It's all I'm attracted to.

To each their own.

Love knows no boundaries.

:)

• i don't think its racist either. I'm african american and would only date african american guys.

• But have you ever met/seen a personfrom another race and thought 'they're handsome' or do you just not even look at them at all?

• Yeah of course. I've met a lot of attractive people outside my race

FYI - This isn't just to you but to everyone, if it matters, I'm Asian. I was born in American but still more connected to other Asian guys

• Oh okay, then your not rascist Hun,

it just like being attracted to men, but seeing a woman and thinking 'she's pretty' , it doesn't make you sexist because you wouldn't go out with her!

:)

• YOur not racist at all. I dated a lot of guys who wasn't my race, but I would never spend the rest of my life with someone whos a defferent race then i.

Now am engeged to an amazaing guy who is my race :)

• i am white and I wouldn't mind dating a mexican, indian, etc .. but I will not date a black person .. my best friend is black and I hang around them all the time .. I just would not date one .. I don't consider myself racist and neither does anyone else.

• That's perfectly fine. You can't help who you're attracted to