Would you date someone with ADHD?

Or any kind of other disorder like bipolar or ADD?

• If I really like them, yes I would date them
    73% (27)69% (25)71% (52)Vote
  • No, it sounds like it would be a hard realtionship
    22% (8)19% (7)21% (15)Vote
  • other
    5% (2)12% (4)8% (6)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
By the way, I agree with the fact that you can date anyone you want, regardless for if they have a disorder or not. As long as you like or love them back 😊

0|0
13|26

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not? Just because a relationship is hard does not mean that it is not worth it. Besides I have first hand experience with ADHD I would have to be one hell of an asshole to turn someone down because of it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha. Ok then mr nice guy. Date a girl with torrets syndrome

• Show All
    • @Theshaft169 the only people with actual tourettes I have met never really shouted profanity. More like eye or neck twitching.

• I had a friend who had a cousin with it. Omg the kid swore like crazy. At times it was funny what he would blast out. Right out of the blue. So random. .

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend has horrible ADHD and ADD. Sure, it can be difficult and annoying, but I'm pretty used to it considering we've been together for 8 months (actually kind of close to 9 now). Things like that won't stop me from befriending someone. I may have patience issues at times but if the person really wants to fight for our relationship, they'll understand my occasional snaps (which my boyfriend does very well).

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 25

• I mean, yeah. I have and I will again.

Would be awful hypocritical of me otherwise, since I HAVE ADD.

1|0
    0|0
  • images.sodahead.com/.../...ah_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

If I knew she did ahead of time. Probably not.

0|0
    1|0
  • I would be a hypocrite to say no since I myself have ADD (as well as social anxiety and depression). But they would have to either get treatment for it or at the very least have it under control.

2|0
    0|0
  • Disorders are a label. Some cases are not severe as other cases.

In severe cases, you'd just be dating a ghost that fades in and out of existence. Some people have tolerance to this, others not.

In medium cases, it'd be a nuisance. Some people are too picky to tolerate.

And in light cases, you wouldn't even notice or care. Unless you're a judgmental asshole that acts on labels.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I don't really care of someone has it if you look at my update

• I would not be in control to choose if I would date her, because if she catches my attention, then she could have 3 heads and a split personality, if it attracted me then who am I to judge, x

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd give her a go anyways... nobody's perfect. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I have ADD and take medication for it. I suffered from it being undiagnosed for years. Finally got diagnosed and I've really learned to deal with it. Most people would never assume I have ADD because I'm usually the smartest guy in the room. It's not a big deal at all. I've accomplished more than most my age despite being diagnosed. It's not a biggie at all.. honestly. Look at what I do lol. Would you assume I have a learning disability?

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1769715-should-i-expose-my-nerdy-side

Goodluck

0|0
    0|0
  • My little brother has ADHD and I can't stand that little shit.
    I can't imagine I could withstand a girlfriend like that.

0|0
    1|1
  • Well I have ADHD so I'd be the definition of a douchebag if I didn't!

1|0
    0|0
  • ADHD is really not that bad. In adults, you often can't tell if someone has ADHD at all.

Bipolar disorder is completely different and shouldn't be lumped together with ADHD. Dating someone bipolar would probably be pretty hard. But I would still date them if I liked them.

0|0
    0|0
    • What about for teenagers with ADHD

• Show All
    • Most adults/late teens with ADHD just have problems studying, and are inattentive and impatient. Random outbursts isn't a symptom of adhd.

• I have a problem with the entire concept of AD (H) D, as every "symptom" I've heard of is really just a symptom of being a child. Also parents, teachers, other authority figures who use a child's disorder as an excuse rather than an explanation of a person's behavior. Isn't it odd that most of the time it's not the person with the disorder who uses it as an excuse?

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating some one with ADHD ain't an issue at all...
    I don't know I have always been suspicious of the legitimacy of ADHD but recently I found out that the inventor of ADHD, admitted months before he died that ADHD was a "fictitious disease"

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg no no no. Do not get mixed up with anyone bi polar !! Been there.
    They strive on dramma. Can't function with out dramma and grief.
    Bad news ! Not worth the grief no matter what

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm actually interested in someonw with ADHD

• ADHD is dif. Depends what type of adhd
      Some live with glitches some are as extream as torrets syndrome.

• He doesn't have torrents or anything, I'm not sure what type of ADHD he has

• They would probably have a hard Time concentrating on sucking my dick lol

0|0
    1|0
  • Let's just say no one is chemically perfect. I believe everyone has something off mentally.

I guess it's fine as long she keeps her stuff under control.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I could not date a person with that imperfection. Just thinking about how imperfect ADHD is disgusts me.

0|0
    0|1
  • Pardon me, what were we discussing again?

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose other because if they do not stay on their meds then I probably could not take their commitment seriously.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I could. I'd have to research ADHD to make sure I know what it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if it's under control. No one should date an ill person who's without therapy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would, as it wouldn't change how I felt about them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah no reason not to... If I really like her ADHD would be least of my concern

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally 100% depends on her character. Mental disorders don't define people, their character and way of handling things does.

If your a really sweet kind heartedperson who sometimes has an slightly unexplained outburst yes then I would definitely date you.

If your a completely hysterical negative and mean person then maybe not no. Though in that case I would try to help you as a friend!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would.. I LOVE my girlfriend and she is anorexic

0|0
    0|0
  • adhd isn't always that bad.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• Yes, I would. It may be tough at times, but that wouldn't change whether I liked or loved them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, this new guy can go bipolar on my pussy anytime.
    As long as its in the bedroom I don't mind it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be a hypocrite if I wouldn't.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yea I would, we all have our problems.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have ADD, depression, GAD and panic attacks and my boyfriend says that he wants to marry me after high school 😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it sounds like it would be a hard realtionship

0|0
    0|0
  • I already did. It was a living hell.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • He used to but he stopped. So he started getting worse. And doing heavy drugs, like alcohol+xanax, cocaine...

• Oh, well it's good that you moved on from him, it sounds like he couldn't handle his disorder

• sure no problem just take your meds.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date someone like that.. Yes. I actually have ADD but not ADHD. I have a little bit of trouble paying attention sometimes or remembering things. Ooo look a leaf! Shiny!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm bipolar. Would any of y'all date a cutie like me? (hypothetical question)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah totally I would date anyone with adhd!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, they're usually care a lot more and are a lot more emotional when it comes to relationships, it's perfect if your looking for a serious relationship

1|1
    0|0