Should I delete him?

I've been talking to a guy for about 6 weeks now through fb and text etc and we have been on two dates. The reason we have only been on two dates is because he tends to plan too many things/double book himself. We were supposed to go on a third date this weekend but he cancelled. I got the feeling that he might not actually be that interested and be using this as a tactic to let me down gently and sent him a message saying this, as I wanted clarification (don't know if that was the right thing to do? But I have already spent 6 weeks on this guy and didn't want to waste any more time if he didn't actually like me). He said he enjoyed meeting me and wanted to see me again to see if there was anything there but that he's useless with his plans and it's not fair to keep cancelling on me last minute so maybe it's best not to arrange anything.

I replied and explained that I just wanted clarification that he wasn't just trying to let me down gently as this has happened to me in the past with guys arranging things and cancelling at the last minute and would still be interested in meeting up if that wasn't the case, but he hasn't replied. This was several hours ago and he has read it and been online since so I'm assuming his silence is my answer. The thing is, I did really like him from what I saw of him on our dates (both were 4 hours long) so having him still on my facebook friends is going to be kind of upsetting for me when I see his updates etc so part of me wants to delete him. However, I am a little reluctant to do that in case he changes his mind and wants to get in contact again.

Any thoughts on what I should do? This all happened today, by the way.

What Guys Said 1

• I would give him the benifit of the doubt at this point. Give him a few days and message him one more time just to attempt to get either clarification or closure

• Thank you for your advice. Do you have any suggestions for what I could say when I message him one more time? I don't want to come across as needy.

• Do you not think I should take his lack of response as an answer ie he doesn't want to see me again? Or do guys not really think like that?

• If there was some sort of friction during the dates or you or he were ( for lack of a better word ) bored with the others company then yes he may be avoiding you. But without knowing these thing I can't really say for sure. He in all honesty could be waiting on a sign from you to see if you have any interest in him.. Just send a simple good morning and ask how he is doing , that will do several things ; first off it is in no way needy and let's him know that he crossed your mind

What Girls Said 0