Would you slap your boyfriend if he cheated?

My girlfriend did. is that too violent and do I deserve it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course you deserve it, you killed her trust and faith in you and your relationship and wounded her emotionally with your actions. She has every right to be angry at you, and sometimes slapping comes with that. If you ask me she should have dumped you too.

• Physical violence is not excusable unless unavoidable, as in self defense.

• @girlscout well I'm not saying it's completely justified but he did have something coming for his actions.

• I agree to a certain extent but this will justify men hitting women in the same situation because violence is not ok on either side.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're a jerk but violence is never ok. The only time I'd hit someone is if I was defending myself. Not out of revenge.

What Girls Said 31

• I'd just leave without doing anything and completely cut him out of my life.

• No, I wouldn't slap a guy for cheating on me. I would just leave the relationship.

• I think you should be able to answer this. She should have raised her hand but you should have cheated. It was wrong but it must have felt so right for ur ex girlfriend.

• I would never touch him again if he cheated on me. So, no.

• People shouldn't hit other people unless it is unavoidable. You cheated, that's real shitty, no one is going to feel much sympathy for you but she shouldn't hit you. No excuse.

• No, I wouldn't. There is no need to get physical with someone, much less a cheating loser. I would just break up and go on permanent NC.

• You deserved it

• I would think of a good way to break his heart emotionally versus resulting to physical violence. I'd make him regret cheating for the rest of his life and than leave me when he genuinely was sorry.

• She shouldn't have slapped you, but you definitely deserved it.

• I would probably kill the urge to do that. I would just pack my things up, and walk out.

• Everyone acts in different ways. She may not be right in it, but you have to remember that you are stronger than her, and to hit her back doesn't make it right. This is honestly your choice in whether you deserve it or not, but if you feel you didn't than end it.

• sorry but you deserved it

• Yes you deserved the slap 100%. You have hurt her emotionally, which is far more damage than any slap would do.

• No, only because that doesn't solve anything. I would just walk out and you'd never see me again.

• i'd do more than slapping, perhaps cutting off your dick?

• I d dumb his ass and not waste any of my effort on him anymore.
    No slapping no yelling just bye

• No. I don't think violence is the key to anything. I'd walk away plain and simple

• No. Violence is never okay.

• I would be extremely angry and disappointed but wouldn't resort to any physical violence, sounds a little tough but hey I'm soft anyway.

• Nah. Not even worth it.

• Nah, I just wouldn't be in a relationship with him anymore 😊😊

• Nah, I would just leave

• Wow you deserved it so quit yo bitchen

• f**king yes.

• Im not gonna rant at you for cheating because thats not my job, but yes you deserved to get hit, but no she shouldn't have done that, as much as you deserve it, violence is never okay.

• You deserve a lot more than that.
    Be lucky she was so nice to you.
    How would you react if you found out sone guys dick had been in your girlfriends vagina when you wernt around. Fucking idiot

• was she nice? what more would I need? What'd you do?

• Are you serious? I would of punched you in the throat and stomped on your balls. Cheating us the lowest thing you can do in a relationship

• Your lucky you just got slapped be greatful

• Nah. I'd just leave and laugh.

• I wouldn't do that, I'd just ignore him for 6 months (at least).
    3 years utmost.

• i would tbh. Put yourself in her shoes. if you find out that she was screwing a guy you would be hurt won't you? You may not slap her but you would definitely do something you normally wouldn't.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 19

• Yes, of course you deserve it. Cheating is an unforgivable thing, something that can never be justified.

• Well, does slapping fix the problem? Will it make you want to come back to her?

I personally think slapping someone in that circumstance just verifies that the cheating was the reasonable course of action. Situations where physical violence is tolerable are rare, and this is not one of them. And that applies to your statement too, @AzureGirl. "He had it coming" is the mentality of a bully, a physical abuser.

• Slapping doesn't fix the problem, no. But I guess I was also thinking on a media standpoint because in the media if a male does something like this what does the girl usually do? Either walks away, splashes their drink in their face or smacks them. So I guess in a way it's also seen as socially acceptable for women but not for men. Not saying it's actually right of course.

• @AzureGirl The way this is displayed in popular media (the implication that violence against men is justified because they're stronger anyways so they can't fight you back so whatever) is part of the reason why women are more prone to violence in this scenario, but just because it's displayed as something common doesn't mean it is a mature conflict resolution methodology.

• She likely should not resort to hitting you, however do you blame her! You essentially squashed anything you had and disrespected her horribly.

Girls tend to be a bit on the self conscious side... so you probably hurt her beyond repair.

Regardless, I hope you learned your lesson...

• You deserve to be dumped and never talked to again, along with her spreading the truth about you. Although the media tends to think female on male violence is funny, it isn't. That's why we have women who hit men and then sue when he hits back because they buy that whole "women are weaker" BS. Which, as a martial arts instructor, I can tell you is not true. Violence should always be a last resort, and nothing anyone says is ever worth getting physical.

• This is a difficult question, I'd have to say no, although, I would want to, but surely, I wouldn't, as such a person would not be worth my time perusing for a relationship.

It's time to move on.

And yes, you did deserve it.

• You're lucky you're still in one piece.

• Well played dude, well played. You totally deserved that...

• Yes you do deserve it. Well done!

• you deserved it

• Is there a good reason u cheated?

• It depends, did you cheat just because you felt like it or did your relationship felt like you were actually single? meaning she wasn't there for you.
    If that was the case, she has absolutely no right of touching you.

• Definitely deserved it and legally within her rights.

• Generally speaking, physical violence is not appropriate.

• yes you deserve it, your an asshole for cheating on her.

• I have no respect for cheaters bruh. Idc if she slapped you, that's your problem tbh.

• Violence does solve things yes... But hitting a women is not right in my eyes... Some would call me Sexist for thinking that.. Then again.. I did witness my mother get hit in the head and was bloody from it..

• If I had a boyfriend I would slap him just because I don't have a girlfriend.

• Lol trolls be trolling

• if she dares I'll break her fucking noes