Would you date someone with anxiety, depression and ADHD?

I would, cause if I'm dating them it means I love them.

• Of course, they're people too.
  • Nah, too difficult.
  • Depends.
  • Wuts a adhd?
  • Kittens <3
  • I don't date.
  • Jade, you're an idiotic, naive teenager.

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering I have social anxiety, depression, and ADD, I would be a hypocrite to say that I wouldn't date them.

However I would only date them if they have that shit under control, whether it's with therapy, medication, or just not letting it interfere with their life like me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anxiety and depression runs in my own family, @Homicidal_Queen so I know first hand what to look for and what to deal with and How hard it is to Contend with. I was the More fortunate one here, dear, Not to have had to go through any of this because with a 'Disease' which it is, mental illness, it is very difficult to endure for sure.
    However, if you don't Know that person you love has something wrong, then if you love him or her unconditionally, you stay by their side and try to help them through whatever it is they Go through.
    I have Dated someone in my own life who I suspected had the ADD, which is in this line of ADHD, and it is very hard at times to deal with someone 'Special' like this or for them to hold down a relationship, especially when they need to be on medication.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 26

• Ya ofcourse!!!
    It really not that bad... and wouldn't influence my opinion about a girl...

In my opinion...
    I would rather dat girl with those tha a girl who is fake...

But e depression shouldn't be so hectic that he is threatening everytime to kill herself...

• I would! Mental illness is very common! In any given time, there is at least 1 person out of 10 people who have mental illness.

• I never let another persons battles dictate my feelings. I had been diagnosed with 2 of those three and it would surprise me if i had all of them. Regardless I would make sure to be there if they needed me, that to me is true love.

• Nobody's perfect, I've give her a try regardless! :)

• Any relationship where you end up being the one giving way more than you get in return is a toxic one - so most likely no.

• I would become their counselor. That way I'm actually fixing the anxiety and depression instead of being a cause. If somebody has these things they are free to message me. My account is public.

• yeah there was this girl I met at the hospital long story she was susidal lul I can't spell swore it was love at first site but I manged to skrew it up (kinda) but maybe it wasn't cuz I learned she had a boyfriend and met her again at my job couldn't find words to say I mean she seemed happy to see me again and stood there for awhile while swollowed words

• Yes, I would, and I feel, as if that person and I would have a lot in common.

As I have ADHD OCD and GAD.

Either way, I don't see a problem with it, as long as the individual is a good person.

:)

• A good relationship, is based off a fundamental framework of shared belief's, the greater your beliefs, the better the relationship.

continue an effort into finding people who share the way you see the world, and who would want to share the world with you.

Anything else is futile waste of effort, in the context of relationship's, especially romantic one's.

• Seeing as I HAVE ADHD, wouldn't it be quite the douchey thing just to exclude a girl for that?

• I wouldn't see why not unless they show they care about you to replace dry texts lol

• Sure i can relate, and maybe even help her.

• That don't matter to me so yes, but of course it depends if that person is an ignorant twat or not, or if they're loyal

• Yes I would and I'd help them overcome their problems :)

• I currently am.

• If it's mild but it might make me have anxiety or make me more stressed.

• I already am

• Absolutely, it doesn't make them any less of a person.

• Sure. If it ever going boring or stale I'd just say "Squirrel"!

• I have dated girls with all 3. I try and help people, it's my personality, I care

• Sure, why not?

• You should not be in a relationship with someone who drags you down. If it drags you down now, it could progress. Depression comes and goes, usually with small lifestyle changes. You need to weigh the pros and cons of the relationship, but if you're not ecstatic to hear from them when you do, I would just take it slowly.

• im not in any relationship, I was just curious. I don't know anyone with all 3 that id date anyway :P

• at least you did'nt add OCD to that list...

And, yeah i sure would.

Why?

• no I wouldn't.

• jade are you projecting?

• Is there any other kind of people?

• I got extreme anxiety so I hope so : / plus the bad part about it is im never asking a girl out cause of it so unless a girl asks me out that I know well it ain't happening :(

What Girls Said 12

• anxiety comes along with having adhd. Though for me I have adhd and Asperger. So for me dating someone like you describe. It wouldn't end well because we would both have issues trying to build each other up. So it's best to be with someone who doesn't have any mental issues when you do. It helps you out more overcoming them some.

With my current boyfriend I seem to become better. As in because he thinks so logically. It helps to make my head more leveled out. Which helps me improve on the negative parts of having both. Or any part that I have some control over. Out of all the guys I dated. My boyfriend is the only one who didn't go running for the hills. He has A LOT of reasons to leave me due to shitty things I have said or done. Still he stands by me and it makes me want to try harder. Since he excepts me for who I am. Though he doesn't except the negative parts. Though I don't except those either. Still he's the best thing to ever happen to me.

• Yeah, does he really have all of those disorders? I remembered my first ever crush we were going on good terms and he had ADHD with psycho illness and he confessed love to me in second week whilst going back to his Ex.
    I'm not saying people with ADHD are evil but at his age, he may be a tad unstable so do be careful. My answer would be no, based on that and I already have family members who got Autism and all that. I have other mood disorders but I've learnt to cope with it, so if my future charming has a dark past I would probably be more compassionate depending on what it is of course.

• Of course, they're people too. I like them!

• Anxiety, maybe depends on the seriousness. Depression, no since I'm sensitive for depression and can get in one myself if I hang around too much with a depressed person. ADHD, probably also depends on the seriousness.

• Dated a guy who has ADHD and I don't want to date someone who has it anymore. He turned out to be a psyco, i wanted to break up and he threatened me that he will kill himself if i do that.

• Really it depends on the severity. But I would give them a chance.

• I have adhd, so personally I wouldn't, because who'd want to date someone who's basically their twin?

• Yes. Mental illnesses are so misunderstood nowadays it's rediculius. We are all people.

• Well I have both anxiety and depression, and I managed to find love so... I hope so.

• Their moods are unpredictable. Highly likely to be a no because I would be stressed out.

• Maybe anxiety and ADHD but not depression.

• I am an emotional being and seeing a therapist to get my life in order. I'm sure people are very caring; but on the flip side I have notice it can be emotionally draining for some. Not just in a relationship but friendships too.

Good to know people can be acceptive of a person with mental illness. Gives me hope in the dating scene and maintaining good friendships.