Why do white women no longer want to date white men and black men no longer want to date black women?

I've noticed a trend in my neighbourhood, my college and just in general where white women no longer dating white men and now date black men. I've also noticed how black men no longer date black women and now date white women. Is there a particular reason for this?

*No longer WANT to date white men. Please excuse the typo

Most Helpful Guy

• White people still date each other by and large. When it comes to black people though, things are a bit different. For me, I don't actively pursue black women anymore, because the ones I'm into almost always want to date a white guy only, or just someone who isn't black, so I consider pursuing them as a bit of a time waster. I'm not against dating them, but I won't pursue them either. That's just me

Most Helpful Girl

• No need to get butt hurt over interracial dating. I wouldn't be opposed to dating a white guy but when I saw how well I got along with my boyfriend, and how insane our sexual chemistry was, I couldn't see why I shouldn't date him just because he's Asian.

Some of my white friends are only into white guys, some are up for guys of any race. There's a mix when it comes to ever white woman, as there is with all races.

• Who said anything about being butt hurt? I was just asking a question, god...

• Lots of people still have something against it so just thought you were approaching it from that stance. As for why there's more interracial dating from basically all races... globalization, in a nutshell.

What Guys Said 7

• I've never seen that... oh yeah, but just here in the Internet, in real life I see more white women with white men, and more black men with black women, than vice versa.

• Well in my neighbourhood it's the complete opposite. Plus if you look at celebrities like Heidi Klum, Kendra Wilkinson, Kim and Khloe Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Ellem Pompeo, Lara Dern are all with black men and if you look at basketball player, most of their girlfriends/wives are white.

• Pheromones. That about sums it up

• I have no idea. I'm a white man. I don't have a preference, except for gender.

• Probably because it's more common now, and you can date who you want to date.

• Because we humans tend to venture out looking for something new.

• Its not about trends. Its about the freedom of choice.
    Off the record, I am black and here is my poem:

If she ain't Finn, there is nothing to win,
    if she ain't white, that ain't right,
    blonds are the best so fuck the rest.

• I'm black and I'm not attracted to white girls and neither are my black male friends. And I'm sure many white girls feel the same way towards black guys.

What Girls Said 9

• I think people blow the interracial dating thing out of proportion. Okay, yes it is becoming more common for people to date outside their race, but not to the point where you can conclude that 'X girls don't date X guys anymore'. The overwhelmingly large majority of people date within their race.

• People just date whoever they want to date, I don't see why pointing out race is such a big deal. And I'm sure there are white women who date white men, and black men who date black women.

• the trend you're noticing doesn't exist. people dating people with different skin colours and not exclusively dating people with the same skin colour is so unremarkable you may as well have posted "i've noticed people have been breathing more often... is this just me?"

• Um... it's called social progression. It's 2015 for heaven's sake. 90% of us aren't racist. If we like someone, we date them. Who cares what nationality they are? We are all human. Date whoever you are attracted to.

• Maybe to be "fashionable". The Kardashians love for black men had probably caused white women to follow the trend... I dunno

• I've noticed this trend too lately

• Time to try something new huh

• Ehhh what... ? I'm a black girl and go to a predominantly black and Latino school. Seriously like all the guys at my school try to talk to me and tell me they don't "fuck with snow bunnies" so black guys definitely still date black women more then white women. I also still see a lot of white couple's.

• I'm white and only date white men. So you're wrong.

• Well in my neighbourhood it's the complete opposite. Plus if you look at celebrities like Heidi Klum, Kendra Wilkinson, Kim and Khloe Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Ellem Pompeo, Lara Dern are all with black men and if you look at basketball player, most of their girlfriends/wives are white. So No I'm not wrong!

• They are the minority open your eyes and look at everyone not just a few people