Is this quote true?

Guys who just want you for sex aren't going to spend time playing the boyfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, men will do a-lot for sex, and in this case manipulation is what I am referring to.

A good relationship, is based off a fundamental framework of shared belief's, the greater your beliefs, the better the relationship.

continue an effort into finding people who share the way you see the world, and who would want to share the world with you.

Anything else is futile waste of effort, in the context of general relationship's especially romantic one's.

Most Helpful Girl

• Somewhat true. I'm assuming a handful of girls out there want a serious relationship with someone and wouldn't think of having sex with someone casual. So in other words they would have sex with a guy who is there boyfriend.

Some guys will be very cunning enough to go through all that just to have sex with the girl (depends who the girl is of course) otherwise going back to the question, there are plenty of girls out there who are interested in the casual fling, making them easier to just get.. Sex.

What Guys Said 11

• The slick and charismatic guys won't be playing the boyfriend. It's those guys who have to pay up (dates) before she puts out will.

• True in most cases. If I just want sex I'm not gonna go through the struggles of being her boyfriend. What's the point? So many girls willing to have sex without commitment, that it's not worth it to lose your time with someone that expects more than what you want: sex.

• That sounds about correct. At least not beyond getting what they want. They are all sweet and attentive in the beginning , but once they get what they came for they are more like who are you and just fade away

• Yes thats very true

• Not exactly. Some guys may try to spend time playing boyfriend for a while just to have sex with you.

• Not true, they will play the boyfriend to lead you on. I have seen it before and I find it entertaining to watch.

• Not really... many guys would play boyfriend for months just to have sex with you

• If that's ALL they want then surely they'd ACT like the boyfriend to get there

• No it's not

• I think they'll spend a little time but they won't go out of their way

• No, I do not think this is true. Many guys are willing to put themselves in that position for sex.

People need to separate sex and love. They are not the same. When you can't separate them, it leaves you vulnerable to being played in this exact manner. They give you the love, and the sex comes along with it. However, if you can separate them, one does not equal the other, they are separate experiences which sometimes compliment eachother, yet they each need their own understanding and unique conversations.

Failure to understand that leads to all sorts of complications. Not that each concept on their own cannot lead to complications, they can, but they are more intimately attached to the concepts themselves, rather than the illusion of both concepts intertwined.

What Girls Said 6

• Depends... some guys will act all cute and stuff to keep you giving them free sex.

If you want to be smart, don't have sex till they've made a commitment to you. As easy as that :)

• I'm just curious as to what you mean by commitment? Like him just going out of his way for her all the time or like asking her to marry him or something in between?

• @Octavius

Him asking her to be in a relationship with him and officially being together as a couple.

• Oh ok that's easy. That happens fairly quickly for me. I'm not really much into the hookup culture.

• no I don't think so. Many guy will do the impossible to get in your pants.

• Not true. I've been seeing a guy for months. He's told me it's the best sex he's ever had. He also has told me sex doesn't make a relationship and he can't see a future with me.
    However, he tries his hardest to keep me around... by playing boyfriend. Dinner dates, movie dates. He doesn't like karaoke, but he even came out to hear me sing before.
    I sleep over, a lot. He's very affectionate. Cuddles before and after sex. We lay there talking for hours and he caresses me in a loving, caring non-sexual manner.
    I am confused by our whole situation. Don't wind up like me. If he isn't clear what he's looking for, and you are looking for more than just a casual affair, move on.

• Some guys play the long game lol. Most wouldn't go through the trouble though. So I guess that quotation is mostly valid.

• nope i have seen what guys do just to have sex

• That quote is true for any gender if they just want sex with you. They won't play the part of being a boyfriend or girlfriend if they don't want to be in a committed relationship. Some people are able to separate sex and their emotions When they are horny then sex is just sex, their emotions are switched off for you after sex. They no longer have any other need from you.