So I went on a date with a girl to get my mind off my crush who only views me as friend (but ignores me), I don't want to continue seeing new girl?

I had/have strong feelings for my crush and she was nice and may even gave signals... but I think I did something to turn her off... She only views me as a friend but I can't let her go... I went on a date just so I can feel better and remind myself there's other girls, but it's not the same. I honestly think I had more in common with my former crush... So I don't see this new girl leading to anything serious. Any advice on how to handle this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same problem, it's not the same because you're always thinking about her.
    Start by caring less, remind yourself what she you're at and how many years to go; if things were suppose to be, they would have been. Its hard I know, I'm struggling really bad myself, but start seeing more people, go out with your friends, show yourself more than one person and make yourself happy to prove you don't need her. Turn off then soppy songs, and just think, oh well! And carry on, because you are strong

Most Helpful Guy

• I felt the same way about one girl. Still sort of do, but not nearly as strong. Either way, I just told myself we're a bit alike but different as well, different directions in life, and overall different people. I told myself while I'm out and about at college, she's doing her thing back home. While she want's to stay there, I am at the college I'm at to get away from there. I just use the differences to justify my feelings since, like you, she was nice and gave me signals then tells me I'm a great friend (which hurt like hell).

In your case, I'd tell the new girl your feelings about her but don't cut her off completely. Who knows, she might be a great friend in the end just not a girlfriend. Or maybe you will change how you feel about her. I felt the same way at first but it gets easier with time.

What Girls Said 3

• She will always think of you and I'm not so sure she ignores you all the time.. but that's just me 😑

• I know it sucks. But try to move on, keep on going out with friends and go on dates as much as u can I'm sure you will find the right girl. Take care

• Crushes suck. Just try your best to get over her and to move on.
    Liking someone is better than crushing on someone. Try to find someone to like rather than to crush on.

What Guys Said 1

• Be honest with her.
    Don't waste each other's time.
    But also don't burn your bridges, you might change your mind in the future

• Thanks! And as for the other girl?

• The other girl...
      We've all been there ( It sucks ) , just keep your mind busy, keep putting yourself out there.. It all falls into place as long as you keep your life moving forward