Girls, Is it possible to have a meaningful life without sex?

I've only had sex once, but I find the whole culture surrounding it exhausting, which is why I sometimes wonder if I would be better off without it in my life, which might save me a lot of time, effort and stress. Thoughts of it hold me back from living the life I want to: a simple one where I can focus on important things and not be distrated by sex, my sex drive is low but I still get thoughts about it of course.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend and I are waiting until marriage. I agree with your thinking. Sex is about the most intimate thing you can do with a person, so it should be reserved for the right person which theoretically would be the person you marry. I don't get distracted by being horny or anything like that, and if something were to happen between my boyfriend and I, I know I would be able to move on more easily because sex didn't get in the way.

• I agree with your points about sex, though it's hard to be like that in today's society. The way I view it at the moment at least is that sex can get in the way of living life, I feel it's an annoying distraction which holds me back.

• Yeah, I agree. There's nothing wrong with taking a break from it

What Girls Said 3

• Look it s as simple as that:
    Do you enjoy it yes or no?
    If not, it s not a waste of time. Plus it s good for your health ;)

• I'm neutral to it, when I did do it it was just boring, I just don't get what all the fuss is about it. I prefer watching TV! Of course though I would want to do it again sometime though.

• Is psychologie your major?

• no I'm just interested in psychology, mainly in relation to myself and can actually be the person I want to be

• Asexuals can do it. If you want to go through your life without sex and be perfectly happy then be my guest, it's entirely your choice after all.

• I think I'll do it again sometime just out of curiosity more than anything but I don't think I'll sleep with loads of people.

• Thanks itt's nice for people to be supportive, normally they're disparaging of my choices.

• Nah my belief is if it's something you want to do and it'll make you happy, why mess with happiness? :)

• do what makes you happy. not everyone is meant to live the same. that's statistically impossible. just as no one is getting hurt then do what you want. just be happy.

• I don't mind sex (I'm neutral to it, got nothing against people having casual sex), it's just that life seems so much simpler without it.