Is it a big deal that I'm a different person when I'm drunk?

Details are I've been dating this guy for a few weeks now. We met at a party of our friends. Well the other day he spent the night and was acting a little weird the next day so I addressed it to him. He was like, "I've noticed that you act different when you're drunk than you are sober. You're more affectionate when drunk and sober you just treat me like a friend." Honestly, I don't see the big deal i mean, I took this guy to breakfast and then we went to this charming little college town I enjoy going to. He had a blast but for some reason the fact that I'm more affectionate when I'm drunk bothered him. Is this enough to bother somebody?

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably would like you to be more affectionate when you are sober. He will know you are that way toward him and it's not the alcohol.
    I was told I am very romantic when I drink and when I'm sober I'm just more laid back. A woman would like for me to be that way toward them without the alcohol. That will make her feel special if I was that way towar her sober.

• I agree. I don't want to change myself because of it and step out of my comfort zone and be More affectionate. I have a wall up right now and this is still fresh.

• Well with that being the case, he will have to just understand and not rush for things to happen. It take some women a while to become comfortable with guys so a man have to be patient. I think he just took it the wrong way because he wishes he could have that effect. I think the best thing to do is just tell him it will take you time to warm up to the point and just be patient while getting to know you.

• Thank you for MHO!
      Glad I could help.

What Guys Said 4

• I mean it may bother me in the sense that you essentially act like two different people. it would make me wonder how much you truly care for me. and if I want affection do I have to ply you with drinks.

I mean I understand it and lots of people are this way when it comes to drinking but I could see being a little concerned that the affection seems to only be induced by drinking... so when sober it basically seems like you aren't as into him. so are you really into him or is it the booze kinda would be the question in my head

• It's not a deal breaker for me. I think some girls act like that when they are drunk. I think it bothered him because he wouldn't had brought it up. And you was nice enough to take him to breakfast.

• Yea I just don't understand why it effects everything.

• Yeah that is true. It shouldn't effect everything. I wouldn't see it as a big deal. Maybe he is mad because your not affectionate to him all the time. Its hard to show a person show much affection all day and everyday. He should be happy that your even dating him and making time to spend with him.

• No, im the same way. Im a very quiet and calm person when I am sober. I usually dont talk and keep to the corner, basically im an ideal Scorpio. But when I drink my Sagittarius comes out and im the life of the party. I talk to everyone, make conversations from nothing and have enthusiasm over everything.

• I. think people like be adored naturally

What Girls Said 2

• I would say yes. If he likes you more when you're drunk because you're more affectionate then you're generally not affectionate enough for him, in his opinion. I think he wants a bit more effort from you.

• Well I mean we aren't official. We are just dating. We're still fresh at this whole thing. I dont really understand.

• It still seems like the change in attitudes and level of affection is an issue with him.

• It wouldn't bother me at all. As long as u know if own limit.