The guy I'm dating is rude. Should I have a conversation with him or move on?

I've been on 5 dates with a guy. I found out we have similar interests such as reading, writing, sketching. He's a self proclaimed nerd. It was appealing to me & it still is.

At 28, he's never had a girlfriend & seems his sexual experience has been limited to one night stands. He even confessed that he has thought of going to prostitutes on several occasions. I don't judge him for this.

On Halloween he asked me to pick him up. Long story. He's in the military. His license/registration was suspended so for a year he can't drive on base but he can drive anywhere off base. I picked him up & we went to a drive in. He acted like he owned the car. Cracked the window open, put his leg out. Deep inside that made me mad but I didn't say anything. I don't expect for a guy to pick me up but I don't enjoy picking up a date especially when he acts like this.

Yesterday, he asked me to pick him up again since his friend didn't want to drive him to pick up his car outside the gate. I said no. He finally got his car and we met up. The date was fun until we ate. I ordered fries & a milkshake & he ordered his stuff. He grabbed my fries & started eating them. He also grabbed my milkshake and took long sips. I said I wasn't hungry and let him eat it. It was rude & disgusting.

He also has bad breath. I've offered him mints & he never wants to take them. I don't know any other way to tell him his breath stinks.

A few other strange things that he had told me are as follows:
1. He keeps his receipts in case he's ever tied to a crime he'll have an alibi.
2. He's told me that it would be easy to dispose of a body in the ocean.
3. I've seen a movie poster on his FB that says something to the effect of, "Even if she doesn't consent, it is still sex."

Aside from that we have good conversations. We have yet to have sex. We've kissed but I pull away because of his breath. He told me that we wouldn't have sex till I was ready.

Should I move on or actually talk to him about these issues?

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk to this guy and attempt to resolve these issue's, this person appear's to be broken, let's not get into the extensive detail's of this, fixing him should be the responsibility of society, I would recommend that you move on.

A good relationship, is based off a fundamental framework of shared belief's, the greater your beliefs, the better the relationship.

continue an effort into finding people who share the way you see the world, and who would want to share the world with you for you.

Anything else is futile waste of effort, in the context of general relationship's, especially romantic one's.

Most Helpful Girl

• Move on, this guy is a loser and loose cannon just waiting to erupt. He has these his Problem Patterns here, dear, and as wise as an ol owl I am, it's Only going to get worse, along with his Big mouth and bad breath.
    You deserve better than Gomer Pyle who has no style. I don't trust this Military monster in uniform and for all you Know... He has disposed of a body and someday One of them could be you.
    Good luck and no salutes to him.. Give him his walking papers. xxoo

What Guys Said 10

• That solely depends on you. If you wan't to try to make things work with him you can straight talk to him. He might not know you think he's rude and all these things offend you. If you open up and he makes an effort to change then he's concerned with you happiness. If he gets offended and doesn't want to hear it then just drop it. That's what Dates are for, to determine if there's a chance at relationship. Weather the person fit's your type or not. Sounds like he doesn't fit your bill though, and might have some boundary characteristics that you don't like. Since it's early on (only five dates) if you really don't care much for him then end the dates and don't feel guilty. Remember the saying "Don't fall in love with potential".

• Well, the only way this could be worse was if he were making receipts so he would have an alibi... so I'm thinking you should find someone else.

• I'll say yes, unless ofc you wouldn't mind having the chance of him always being rude to you in the future. Try to understand more about him before proceeding and act accordingly to his personality. It's better to know it now than regretting it later.

• That's too many personality traits for u to request he augments... you are literally changing him at this point, which we know in dating is a big no no!

• "Keep moving people, nothing to see here."

• Find someone else.

• just move swiftly on.. sounds like he needs professional counciling

• Mmm, move on and find another guy, this seems to be too rude.

• well no 2 could be some dark humor joke but 3 was not funny in any page of the book. i thing the red flags exist

• leave him, i don't think he is worth your time

What Girls Said 10

• Just dump him. People don't get their license suspended for no reason. Clearly that careless behavior carries over into the other aspects of his life. You have to look at things like "is this something he would be willing to fix for himself or is it a waste of my time?"

Think about it. This guy isn't even brushing his *teeth* for himself.

• Omg!! Run. Is he like the only guy without 10,000miles or something?

• Honestly I wouldn't date this guy and neither should you.

• Move on from him.

• Only 5 dates? Too much drama, not enough time invested. Move on.

• Hahahaha. LOL. move on -_-
    but tell him about his breath i mean just cause you move on doesn't mean he should never have a chance with another female ever again and the bad breath thing would seriously limit his chances.

• I think you should run, there are a lot of red flags here. Plus he really is disrespectful.

• Ruuuunnnnn aaawwwwaaaayyyy!!!

• ew! definitely let him go that sounds awful! why would you want to be with someone who doesn't treat you well anyway?

• No. Too many red flags and too many things to try to get him to change, which he probably wouldn't... This guy isn't worth it, I think you'd just be wasting your time and you'll find someone way better.