Would you trust a guy that cheated on his ex?

He did that for five years...
Is this a huge red flag or what?
He was very straightforward and confessed this to me in the first date. I think that's a good thing... but doesn't erase what he did...

Would you give a chance or is this a big no no?
(if you've cheater a former partner, do you cheat in your subsequent relationships?)

Most Helpful Guy

• Once a cheater, always a cheater. Cheating in past relationships is a deal breaker for me, and always has been.

Being so good at cheating that they were able to do it for FIVE YEARS behind their partners back? I'd run for the fucking hills!

• that's terrible! I cheated on a single occasion and I felt sooooo bad with guilt that I broke up with my ex after it. I can't imagine how someone would live 5 years in that situation.

• @frost_byt3

yah well... i was 18. do you think anything mattered other than my dick at thst age? i have no desire to cheat because it goes against the principle of commitment. duh.

no desire to cheat because i dont have the oppurtunity is how someone your age, typically thinks.

• @orphan yeah, that's different... plus you can never say never. I've seen good people doing stupid things... but then five years sounds terrible :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I mean its hard, I would want to know the reasons right? Because it's not like he did it once, he did it for the first 5 years.. obviously wasn't right to get married. You can't just dismiss him, even the worst people need love to, but I wouldn't move fast i would take it very slow. My ex boyfriend to my knowledge hasn't cheated on his currently girlfriend even though he cheated a bunch on me, I was the perfect girlfriend but clearly was lacking something and he just was greedy. Now he's older and has changed (so I think I don't really know) some people just need time

• He sends a player vibe, but I think that he genuinely likes to spend time with me. hmmm don't know :/

What Guys Said 4

• I know someone who cheated on their partner for two years, starting 3 years into their relationship. She also had cheated on every other boyfriend she ever had.

I would consider this a red flag.

• its a warning, not a sign.

judge him by how he treats you... and his mom of course.

• hmm I don't know. He's fun, he's nice to me and he has made clear he's not after just sex.
      I checked his ex's FB profile and she was a bit dumb. I can see how she was a terrible match for him...
      But I'm having a hard time to convince myself that he's not a player.

• well you dont know, because you dont know him well.

if you can't handle his past, say so... then bounce. but dont act like its not an issue if you're gonna agonize over it. leave his past where it belongs.

• Ummm, massive red flag...

• Cheated for 5 years? BIG ASS RED FLAG LMAO

What Girls Said 4

• Absolutely not, lol. You'd have to be an idiot to trust him.

• That's a red flag lol

but I would give it a try, meh... if I get cheat on I would get revenge lol whatevaaa

• I don't think I would, I would have my doubts from the beginning.

• Personally, I would walk away. I'm a loyal person, so I wouldn't date someone who didn't value loyalty. I never accept less than I give.

To be able to cheat on his girlfriend for 5 years shows he has no conscience, and it shows his potential in future relationships

He has told you , so if he cheats on you then at least you can tell yourself... he did warn you of what he is capable of 💜