Why do guys want hot girls when they are ugly as fuck? Double Standard?

Ok so I have a friend. He was introduced to this girl. He said she was kind of cute but kind of chubby. I told him to take her on a date and see how it goes. So they went out for coffee. He told me the date went well and she's really into him but... And I was like but what? He said "But I like hot girls." At that moment I kind have lost respect for him, to the point where I am debating whether to still be his friend or not. You can't complain then if a girl turns you down. He's average looking, slightly muscular, but he is no brad pitt or zyzz. Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• More than that, they're just going to make themselves unhappy in life.

If outward appearance is your main standard for wanting to date someone, and you're not model-looking yourself, then odds are it will be difficult to find someone, and if you do the chance that they're manipulating or using you is higher. It is important to be attracted to the person you're with, but people who know how to value traits outside of just looks and give other things importance have healthier and happier relationships.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, it's a double standard just like some poor people seek out rich people. It's quite common that people prefer traits in other people that they them self do not posses. And it can be that very fact that makes them want it. I don't really see this as uncommon behavior.

What Girls Said 2

• Everyone wants a hot partner, including hot people. Ugly people resent hot people for getting hot partners who aren't themselves

• I've noticed this a lot. It's like a lot of guys think they're way more attractive than they actually are. And are way more shallow than they can afford to be. He sounds like a douche. Rude.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, that's because not so good looking guys believe that they have plenty of confidence, something that's comparable to what the handsome guys may have and they also know or they believe that confidence really attracts woman towards a guy, so that's why they think they deserve hot women.

• Lol zyzz, RIP. Ya man I know what you mean