[POLL] Which is worse? To Date or stay Platonic?

Say you meet this ama-zing person... Everything you are attracted to. ;)

Which is WORST?

Becoming "something more" but reverting to nothing (a. k. a Dating then breaking up and never having contact ever again)

OR

Always staying that chill, same old, nothing-more-nothing-less buddy of his/hers.
They don't see you as anything more than a "friend".

• Something more --> Something less! (Explain)
  • Forever a friend. Nothing more. EVER. (Explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• I accidentally said A thinking I'd rather have that one.

B is worse.

• Really? Why do you think B?

• I don't want to have a kind of relationship I don't really want. I don't want to harbor my desire for her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Accidentally voted B. I think A is worse.
    I don't see the point of dating someone if I believe that it's not going to work out in the long run. I would much rather be their friend.

What Guys Said 1

• Im in situation B right now! Maybe she'll give me a chance someday. But i do love her as a friend and i really dont want to lose her even if she never sees me in that light.

What Girls Said 2

• It's endless torture and you're always left with that "What if"

• i say its better to have something with them than nothing at all and stay stuck in that friendzone. that would make me sad because my feelings are only going to get deeper and i can't do anything about it.
    now if i end up having something with them like a relationship, even if doesn't last forever, at least our feelings were mutual, plus id get to move on faster because i got what i wanted (doesn't work for every body but for me it does).
    they say the more you hide your feelings the deeper they get...