I Caught My Boyfriend Cheating. Was It Right That I Gave Him A Second Chance?

I'm Very Cautious Now 😔

Most Helpful Guy

• Whether you forgive or not is your choice but you should always know the consequences of your choices. In this case you're choosing to trust someone who doesn't value your trust and doesn't respect you as a whole to begin with. Why would you do that with someone like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's more than one way to look at it. There are benefits to forgiving someone for infidelity. For one thing, you have the upper hand in the relationship right now. He screwed up. Big time. So, although you should never, ever flaunt this, bring it up in any argument EVER, or act superior or condescending about it, deep in your heart you know that you acted like the bigger person in the relationship. Feels kinda good, doesn't it? And he'll probably be kissing up to you for a while. So if he offers to buy you that new Coach bag you've been wanting, don't feel guilty letting him buy it for you. You'll both feel better.

What Guys Said 13

• For me it would depend on why they cheat. If they got drunk and made a mistake and it was just a one time thing, I'd probably forgive if our relationship had lasted a while already. If they were going behind my back multiple times and were fully aware of what they were doing, it would be a lot harder to forgive. If they cheat because they want something more than me, they are gone

• U are one dumb fawk! Cheaters will always be a cheater. Its like an addiction that once they do it and become attached to it, they will nvr go back and will come up with better ways of not getting caught. Goodluck silly gurls lel

• No. You should have cut him loose.

• It's only right if you feel it's right. It's gonna be a long tough road ahead of you.

• You gave him a second chance while many guys around you cannot even get a first chance. Be proud (?).

• If I were you, i would have ended it there and then. But I am not you, so it's ultimately your choice.

• leave him. cheaters are always going to cheat again. they've shown their weakness. if he REALLY loved you. why would he cheat? he doesn't love you. leave him.

• No you shouldn't have. Especially since you are under 18 dating guys your age, they will do it again.

• Everyone deserves a second chance but be on your toes from now on.

• the under 18 girl gives a 2nd chance. Seems legit...

• Depends on who he cheated with

• If he does it again, than you should not take him back.

• i would have dumped him on the spot. he broke your trust and for that he doesn't deserve you

What Girls Said 18

• I gave my boyfriend at the time a second chance, and while he remained faithful for a period of time, he eventually cheated on me again with the same girl.

Some can change if they want to, but you should never completely trust them if you give them a second chance.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't do it. Too much pain and heartache. If you give them another chance, a part of you will always question whether they are being honest. If they turn around and cheat on you again, then you're stuck feeling stupid for giving then another chance to begin with.

Ultimately, people who cheat don't really care about the person they're mistreating.

• I mean if you love him and you are going to work on it then yes. but if he plans on cheat again whats the point.

• i think it was very kind of u. i personally dont know if i could have done that, but if he deserves it, then yes u did the right thing. if not, u will find out in time and u will be able to deal with it the right way. xx chin up love.

• That was a dumb move on your part. Only shows you're weak and that he can cheat again.

• I know how you feel *pats back*

One time two times is alright. Third time nope. There realistically shouldn't be a second time, but give him the benefit of the doubt

• Sorry to hear about your heartbreak, my gal. There really is no right or wrong answers for these types of situations since every relationship is unique.

I personally wouldn't have given him a second chance, mostly because all of the trust I had in him would have disappeared. The betrayal would be too hurtful. Trust takes a very long time to build but it only takes seconds to destroy. Even if he claimed to have been drunk and "made a mistake", I still would not forgive him. I have been piss drunk before, I know what it's like. So I won't take excuses for an answer.

• I can't decide right and wrong for you here but I would not have taken him back.
    I would be living in doubt. I don't like the unstable feeling.

• I'd NEVER give him a second chance..

• To each their own, I personally would never.

• I can't decide for you, but personally, I wouldn't go back. I could not stand cheating, thats completely dishonest

• Obviously it isn't right. He's going to cheat again.

• I would have dumped him if I was you.

• No
    Because he'll do it again.

• NOO if you ever even sense anything wrong just break up with him. be the confident strong woman you are!! lol gnight:)

• Um Hell no! He betrayed you...

• Yeah but if he is not serious about relationship it won't last

• How did u find out he was cheating? And how long have u guys been with eachother if u don't mind me asking

• Whether its right our not is not up to us to decide, its a decision only you can make...