He told me I looked beautiful while we were making out?

So I am dating this guy and we recently went on a date so we went to the near by mall to hang out. After nearly 2 hours at the mall and a movie later we were in his car making out. He tells me that I was looking beautiful today. He wanted to tell me earlier but didn't know why he didn't. He felt a bit distance before we made out and really distance after we made out, I mean he felt like a friend then a date.

How should I take this? What does this mean?

What Guys Said 1

• Friends don't usually make out in cars ya' know.

• I know that but after we made out in his car, we spent another hour with each other and then it felt like nothing happened between us. He didn't even kiss me good night when he drop me home.

• He maybe wasn't sure how'd you react. That or he's just not interested in you in that way.

What Girls Said 1

• He probably thought that one kiss was enough. He didn't go for a second kiss because he didn't know how you'd react.
    As for calling you beautiful, he probably meant it. So take it as a compliment.

• We made out so it we were making out for about an hour.