At what stage of your relationship did you move in together? Do you think there's an expected time to wait or just do it when it feels right?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is something I have not done in a long time as my personal values and goals have changed. I am not trying to come across as holier than thou here either. My views simply evolved from where I was as a younger man. However, when I did, the decision was made because we found ourselves staying with one another enough that it didn't make sence to support two households any longer. Today it would be much different and if I didn't wait for marriage, I would at least wait for an engagement. I know these ideals are scoffed at today but I don't care because I know the consequences of doing things out of order far outweigh that of what modern society view as an out of date practice. Here's a modern fact for you though... more and more people have had several failed relationships where physical intimacy was shared before entering a mrriage thet fails within the first five years. Now, lets look back to a day when more people waited for marriage and compare their divorce rate. There is something to be said for building something strong and waiting for the right time.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's important to do it when it feels right, but it's also important to try to be as objective as possible. What feels right today might not feel right tomorrow. Personally I would only move in with someone I've been with for a minimum of 3 years. But I know of successful couples who have moved in way sooner than that.

• That's very true. I know some who moved in together after 6 months and still together after 15 years. Some waited a few years and cannot stand each other lol

What Guys Said 1

• I've never been in exclusive relationship, so i can't give you an exact minimum time to move in. Usually it takes 3 months+ to really get to know somebody. Less than that is necessary to be cautious.

What Girls Said 0