Would you say being in a relationship is a "full time job"?

I ask this because i was talking to one of my friends and she brought up my relationship with my girlfriend. I only see her 2 times a week and i'am ok with that. But this girl said that being in a relatioship is like a ""full time job". I looked at her a bit weird lol. Then she explained how us guys have to be with our girls almost all the time and so on. Is this true you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is a full time job because you have to invest your time and energy on one person. You might even have sacrifice some of your free time or maybe even nap time to be around her. Also, you have to make sure you take care of yourself and that you have something to share with your SO. It emotional stressful eps. If your lover is insecure or distance and then you have to ask her if she okay and try to make her feel better. Even when you know she just over reacting it a lot of work.

• Over time you might not even care about her so you have to try to find that spark again. Some people can't find it and leave a good relationship because they were bored and can live without that person... or they longer see them as any romantic... love seems to die off after a long period of time unless you go to couples thearpy or you two understand each other inway that you love that one person. Does that make sense?

• @teawrecks i can always spend with my girlfriend... napping together :D

• Hahha @asker your relationship is different and that's okay! Everyone is different.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• No, if u feel its a job then ur in the wrong relationship. A relationship should b ur relief, ur secret island where there is no work and no chores and no guidelines... Ur relationship should be something u enjoy, and something u choose, not something u HAVE to do to survive...

• exactly my thoughts, i don't want it to be a job lol, that is what the girl said. i feel happy the way things are now

• Basically for me. I have to check up everyday, talk, dedicate time on the weekends to hanging out. You have to talk through things. It's effort. That being said, I don't see my relationship as a burden or super hard job. But it's a job I'm on shirt all day for.

• It's quite a shirt!

• Yea, for me it's more of a full time thing because of the distance. My boyfriend and I live a few hours away, and I'm in college. So, we see each other about every three weeks. The communication has to be open a lot to stay close. I think keeping communication open and trying to stay close is the job.

• ok, thanks We do talk everyday and see each other 2 times a week.

• It needs 100% commitment but if you see it as a job then that's not good.

• i don't see it as a job, that is what the girl told me. i see my girlfriend 2 times a week, i think that is ok. I'am busy this semester and don't really have much time to spare. I think she is ok with it too as she is busy too

• It's not a job at all but to put it in that aspect it is full time if you don't see them, because you're talking with them, and wanting them to be okay, worrying if they're not, occupy time in your head etc.

• i see what you mean. for me i think seeing my girlfriend 2 times a week is enough as i'am busy. The girl who talked to me said it was a "full time" thing

• If there's no complaints then I don't really care. My current boyfriend also drives everywhere so thats a game changer. Just don't cancel on dates without GOOD reason try not to, listen to her and communicate well.

• i never cancel dates. We go out maybe 2 or 3 times a month. I feel happy with out relationship :) I still have a lot to learn though and i don't want to mess up lol

• I wouldn't expect my boyfriend to be with me ALL the time, he's allowed to have a life of his own outside of me too. I feel like if someone refers to a relationship as a "job" makes it seem like more of a chore than anything.

What Guys Said 2

• No. She's currently seeing as a ''burden'' for her and chose not to get involved in it. She thinks that hanging out with someone needs a lot of time investment. Actually it's not, a simple call & making appointment and waiting for the date to come is a great way to start with.

• Not at all. It's as much bullshit as people saying that being a stay-at-home is a full time job.
    It's NOT a job. It's a a lifestyle you choose to adopt.