Would you date someone with acne?

I know a considerable amount of the populus struggles with having clear skin. (Including me.) A majority of the time the condition affects those going through puberty. (Teens.) While treatment is available the confidence of the individual can plumment. Does having 100% perfect skin really matter? Is it a dating deal-breaker?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends on how bad it is
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• thank goodness some people would date others who have acne... otherwise I would never of had a girlfriend when I was younger.
    you're correct tho it does dent your confidence big time.
    and as pretty as I'm sure you are if someone goes out with you JUST for your looks then he is a pretty shallow person.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I have any break out it's usually one or two that will leave a little scar, but nothing note worthy. I would date someone with acne, but I guess it would depend on the severity. A part of dating is attraction, and if I do not know you previously it may be difficult to catch my interest. My boyfriend pretty much has clear skin and if he does have a pimple it's a really tiny, barely noticeable one. If anything were to happen where he ends up with severe acne, I'd love him anyway. He's always my precious pumpkin, no matter what. :)

• Aw, that's sweet. :)

• Haha thank you, but don't let your acne trouble get you down. When I was in high school I saw plenty of guys and gals in happy relationships with very noticeable acne. It's your heart that triumphs all, and since you're young, pretty much everyone your age has acne anyway so it's not a big deal.

• Oh wow, thanks for the MHO!

What Guys Said 7

• So I'm a guy with acne and somehow am dating a stunning, beautiful girl (Not just saying this cause I love her, she seriously is very attractive from a third persons perspective). I have moderate amounts of acne and she has flawless skin.

Would I date someone with acne? Yea! I liked a girl before my current girlfriend who has some acne. Not sure if I would date someone with lots of acne.

• of course I would...

• Bag it then tag it. !

• Realtalk, acne is cute though

• im a shallow fuck, who says no way Jose!

• if only she takes good care to remove it

• I hope so. I have severe acne all over my back. My dermatologist is even trying to convince me to go on acutane (usually the patients beg the doctor to put them on it but the doctors don't think those people need it so my situations reversed).

What Girls Said 8

• yes I have ance scars just because u have doesn't make you any less in my eyes.

• I don't care if the person has acne, it comes naturally, and if some people have a problem with it, they can just go hit themselves in the face with bricks, because people are perfect in their own way, and it never matters on their looks, it's always the personality. I don't know why people go for looks, but it's just plain rude, picking people by how hot they look, and they never see their personality.

• Yes I would. While my face and the majority of the rest of my body remains 99.9% acne free, I do have some acne scars and get re-occurring acne in my cleavage more often than not. Nobody is perfect.

Just because someone doesn't visibly have acne on their face doesn't mean they don't have it elsewhere.

• I had moderately bad acne until I was 25 and was pregnant, it somehow balanced my hormones and my skin has been clear ever since. But anyway, it never stopped people from asking me out. It also would never stop me from asking someone I liked out, because personality is the most attractive thing!

• having a perfect skin is not that big deal after all, your imperfections and flaws whats makes you perfect and beautiful <3 but for healthy case, it's good to get the right treatment for your skin, it's for your own sake not for other people opinions.

• During univ with stress and all I get acne.
    But guys still talk to me so I guess it s fine :)

• If it is really bad then no, but at the same time if I really like his personality and ways then probably but if it was really bad then, I would have to think about it.

• Yeah! It doesn't matter what's on the outside it matters what's on the inside. I mean its not like I'm going to go looking for someone with acne. but, if I mean a nice guy who had acne I would give him a chance! :)