Is it bad that my boyfriend said I can be replaced?

Should I end things with him or talk to him about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• He sees you as replaceable?
    That's not good. At all.
    Stop wasting your time on him. He doesn't see you as someone special. Sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao!! What a douche. I'd be like: Okay, go ahead and replace me with yet another girl who will leave you ass for saying stupid shit like that.

Then I'd leave.

What Guys Said 15

• Like what? An old pair of used shoes? He sounds like a real crap head.

• Lol thanks I guess ur right

• This is why I think when you're at a certain age and under, boys and girls should just be friends... good friends, but friends.

• you are worth FAR more than this dick head... dump him !!

I'm only guessing here but is he pressuring you for sex?

• No I told him I wanted to wait and he said okay we can and we never talked about it after that and that was before we got together

• hmmm... My mistake I thought he was saying it to pressure you into sex with him.
      However, even after saying that he still seems a complete arse!
      go out with someone that is gonna respect you and not say this type af crap.

• Its fine

• Everything changes. Not to sound like a downer or a sick, but your current relationship probably won't last with his attitude.

• Objectively... just about everyone is replaceable.
    Subjectively, not everyone should be replaceable..

depends on how he intended to say it. I'd say most likely the subjective fashion and that's pretty harsh of an statement.

• Wtf leave him n replace his ass XD

• He just said what every girl thinks about her boyfriend

• No it's not. You can be replaced. But so can he.

• Everyone can be replaced. It's what keeps you honest.

Think about it -- what if you couldn't be replaced? What's to stop you from treating him like shit?

• Well it's not exactly good...

• What was the context?

• Someone said he shouldn't leave the school we at now cause he has me then he was like I had girls at my old school I can get another one there

• @sean1234 not necessarily, if he's prioritizing his studies and career before what he possibly sees as a teenage fling. He was just being a dick about it.

• I knew boys like that back then... they were really big ass holes.

"he was like I had girls at my old school I can get another one there"

-Oh come on! lol

• He basically said he doesn't respect you, in so many words

• My question is why is he your boyfriend?

• Cause he was always there for me and I honestly really care for him a lot and at first he wasn't like this

• Really? He said that to you?

• Yup , well he was Telling his friends that an I over heard him saying it

• Oh thanks so much I appreciate that I will try it

• Mhm, good luck

• It's technically true, but it's still not a smart thing for a guy to say to his girlfriend.

What Girls Said 33

• Tell him to have fun downgrading from you and peace out. That is entirely disrespectful and just goes to show he doesn't think of you highly.

You deserve to be told you are one of a kind and special, and you will find a different guy that will think so about you in your future. :)

• Sadly yes, he should never say something like that to you... it sounds like a power play/mind game to me.

But realistically, it is true, everyone is replaceable. You just need to be confident on whom you are, and if he can't handle that, the he is not the one for you.

• i think you mean ex boyfriend. what a piece of trash... do you know how rare and special you are? out of the billions and trillions of stars in the galaxy, in the billions and trillions of galaxies in the universe and the billions of people on this one planet that actually managed to spawn life... there is only one you. you deserved to be with the one person who schlepped through our entire existence that just wants to be with you... because you are you... because you are that special.

• Thank you so much it means a lot

• Yes. That's not a guy you want to get too attached to because he doesn't seem like he wants to be with you really, at least until a new girl comes along.

• Absolutely. If he doesn't think you're special enough to be one of a kind, then he's not worth your time

• Yes and you need to leave him before he scars you for life.

• It shows he think she is better than you he's saying "I'm better than you and I can get any girl I want so be happy I chose you!" as if he is god's gift to women when clearly he isn't.

• Thing is his cousin told me that he thinks he's gods. Gift to women and I didn't believe him cause we have a past together and he lied about lots of things before

• Unfortunately his cousin is probably right

• Yup I figured that

• I don't think it's worth the time trying to talk about it. He might say he didn't mean it the way you took it, or he was kidding, or that you are sensitive, blah blah. You are on here asking this question because you know that it was a rude thing to say. Just end it.

• Very, very bad and super tactless.

Tell him he can be too, and move on! ;)

• Logically yes you could be replaced.

Even still that doesn't make saying it right. Normally a guy would say that if he's mad about something you did. That or he's a jackass.

• If your boyfriend said you can be "replaced" ... You need a new boyfriend.

In my mind, he's telling you "dont mess up with me... i can always replace you with someone better".

I would probably never talk to the fucker again...

• Yes, it's a bad thing. Get rid of him.

• It's a bad thing. It can be a sign that your relationship will soon be over, but that's not for sure. I do think you should talk to him about it.

• It's not really good. It probably means that you're not the one that really matters to him like he can go after someone that he'll find better and more valuable to him. Like you're an option instead of priority. Not good

• Kind of. No offense. But, that's something someone should not say if they really care for you. You should be with a man who believes that no one can take your place. You are one of a kind and special. Never forget that...

• You should have told him ''so can you'' and dump him right away.

• Yeah, it is.
    I will be hurt if a loved one said that to me.

• Ohhhh that is bad indeed.
    Do you wanna be with someone who has no problems replacing you? :/

• No I want to actually mean something to him

• Well it depends. Did you ask him, replace me straight away, or replace me in several months time when you have been mourning for some time

• It's not a bit rude, it's very rude.
    I would reconsider my relation.

• Yes. He's a jerk. You're life's worth a ton and don't ever underestimate yourself. You're fantastic and don't let him make you ever feel otherwise. If he doesn't think you're worth his time, then he isn't worth yours.

• Honest to god. I find it horrible he said that, because no one should be told they could just "be replaced" ~ personally I think you deserve better (; <3

• Yes you should end things what a jerk. He doesn't realize how special and different girls are. If he really said that he's a jerk more like a kid than a man.

• Um yes. If someone said that to me then I'd say go ahead and replace me bc I'm out.

• Start walking cause the boy doesn't see your value.

• I dont know what that means.

• Yesssssssssss

• YES WTF LEAVE THAT SHIT. (unless he was joking, but still)

• I don't think he was joking

• No respect there I'd leave

• That seems very bad, that either means he is liking another women, or he is cheating on you, and he seems to be hinting at something, such as breaking up with you.

• That's what I was thinking but I like him to much so I pushed my thoughts to the side

• More from Girls
    3