So, how will I even get a date to prom?

Like, I've got absolutely no prospects in terms of dating. I barely know any girls, the girls I do know want nothing to do with me, far as I can tell, the one girl friend I have I used to love too deeply and I don't think she'd be comfortable going with me, and I realized that, if I do somehow meet new girls by now nothing will come out of it. Fuck, I'm just too much of a dork.

Most Helpful Girl

• same with me...

• What are you gonna do?

• yeah. its just not the same though is it?
      you should just ask somebody random.

• No, I know what you mean, id rather go with a girl. And, that won't work for me, I go to an all boy's school. One of my friends said he'll go and meet some girl there, have a hell of a time

Most Helpful Guy

• Try meeting new girls by making more friends this year of high school. By meeting new social groups, you'll meet new girls. Try to get to know them better. The one girl you feel you have a connection with ask her out for prom. Be wary to not wait till the last second to ask her out to prom because someone might ask her before you. Many dorks, nerds, and geeks find a prom date. Don't give up! If all else fails, you can always go with a group of friends and have fun, but only consider this option once you know you completely failed getting a prom date. (I honestly failed getting a prom date).
    Good luck! :)

• Well, I go to an all boys school. While I did meet a girl about two weeks ago, she may or may not have a boyfriend (she had one for prom last year, but he was a senior) and I'm too nervous to ask her if she does. Plus, she, like, ends every conversation and didn't respond to my last message. Plus, if she does, while I could meet girls through her, we don't know each other so well, I doubt we'd remain friends

• She sounds uninterested. You could try, but I would recommend meeting more girls. I think you deserve better than her. Here are some links of advice for guys that go to an all boys school to meet girls, just copy and paste:

www.quora.com/How-can-someone-who-attends-an-all-boys-high-school-meet-girls

www.wikihow.com/Meet-Girls-While-Going-to-an-All-Boys'-School

One idea suggested is taking a ballroom class to meet girls. Or maybe if you can take community college classes, then you can meet some girls. The key strategy is going to be expanding your social circles. If you want something you never had, then you have to do something you never did before. Hope this helps or provides some new ideas for you. :)

What Girls Said 1

• There is someone out there for everyone! Just keep positive.

What Guys Said 3

• The girl I went with to my prom with I didn't know until the day I asked her. I saw her a few times but didn't even know who she was. So I walked up to her and introduced myself. We talked for a minute and ask if she wanted to go to prom with me. She said yes and I got her number and set everything up. If you ask enough girls, eventually one of them will say yes. You may be a dork but if you're brave, you're a dork with balls.

• what is prome?

• I had this problem so what I did was spike a few guys drinks with andrews liver salts and senikot the day before so that they would be unable to go thus freeing up lots of potential dates and I had my pick.