What do you think of a girl with a southern accent?

Just curious

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a girl with a southern accent is hot and welcoming. It's just so vibrant and vivid. I've lived in the deep south for a good chunk of my life, and I've NEVER seen a depressed southern girl.

What Guys Said 7

• As a Southern man, I can say that if she ONLY has a Southern accent, then it can be a bit of a warning sign regarding her self-awareness, education, exposure to the world and to thoughts and experiences outside those she grew up around, etc.

Southern accents are beautiful, but for a lot of reasons it's important to be multi-dialectal--to be able to speak a more standard version of American English in situations where that can be helpful and more productive. It's also important to have the awareness to perceive the differences in the manners of speech, and the curiosity and control required to speak and act how you want and think you should, in a given situation, rather than simply defaulting to what you grew up with. :)

But yeah. Southern accents are the bomb.

• I'm not sure I quite understand your meaning. To clarify, you think that an overall generic voice is good, but Southern accent is alright depending on the situation?

• I see what you mean, as far as business goes.

• It's not only in the business world. :)

• I think she sounds normal.

• I can be hot.

• It's normal

• love those southern gals

• I've never heard about southern accent.

• Ever seen Gone With the Wind?

• think it's hot.

What Girls Said 2

• I think they are hot!

• They're soon cute! Just like guys with southern accents.