Girlfriend staying at work much later than her shift?

She works at Applebees as a host, is this normal? Sometimes she stays like 2 hours later than her shift. I've worked in a restraunt before and nobody ever stayed later than maybe 15 minutes at most. I trust my girlfriend, it's just I find it a bit odd that she is staying that late past her shift.

bump

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she picks up other people's extra hours.

• Sometimes she says she does, other times it's because it's busy. But even still the employer should compensate that with more employees coming in right? I mean I can understand staying like an hour later or so at most but 2 hours past shift time just doesn't seem fair or normal.

• No she's paid hourly minimum tipped employee wage. I asked my sister who used to be a host and she agreed is was a bit weird.

• She's probably taking hours her coworkers, offer then. I did that when I was young - people want time off to do this and that all the time. But the hustlers make that money while they play around.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is why I'm so happy to be single sometimes. Don't have to worry about this bullshit. No that's not really normal man.

• The Applebees is one of the busiest in the areas, but still even when it's busy she should be let go around her shift right?

• LOL who the fck cares it's applebees. Just pick her up and take her somewhere.

• I don't want to show up and make myself look a fool tbh

What Girls Said 3

• I think she might be seeing someone! Sorry man! I mean what else could she be doing unless she getting her hair done or talking to friends!

• Maybe she's working with someone she is friends with and they get off at the same time so they hang around and have a few drinks together? I dunno.

You say you trust her but this question says otherwise

• I do trust her but she is only 19 so she can't really drink. It's just this thing happens quite often, and she doesn't have her own car. I'm just curious as to why her employer would make her stay 2 hours later when she already works like 50 hours a week.

• If she's fine with it then what's the big deal? Honestly she's making more money so maybe she LIKES it.

• Well damn. My apologies for even asking?

• When I was a hostess, I wasn't given the option if i wanted to stay, or not.

If it was busy, you stayed, and if it wasn't, you would leave.

• That's kind of weird in my opinion. I feel like the employer should just hire more employees. Looks better on the business and it doesn't even cost them anything if they are making people stay later. But even still have you stayed 2 hours later?

• Omg well that's pretty crazy

• busy restaurant.

What Guys Said 2

• This doesn't strike me as odd. You could maybe ask what she did after her shift ended, and why. Be careful because jealousy and suspicion are really hard to hide or play off, and they're also really unattractive.

Good luck man.

• You should've asked her directly and care about her instead.