Why don't they ever like me back?

The people I like are never interested in me. Actually, even people I don't like are never interested in me romantically. I've never been asked out or kissed anyone, am I unattractive or something? I don't know, I feel like I'm a pretty chill person. And I'm outgoing sometimes depending on my mood, but even if I wasn't, I don't know I've seen a lot of shy people in relationships, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any advice/answers/suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand where your coming from because I am in a similar situation but it was by my choice. When I was younger I didn't want to date because I didn't see the point of short lasting relationships. Now though I would like to at the very least kiss someone but I find it seems no one is interested. It wasn't that I was unattractive, of that I was uncool because I was the opposite of those, but it just seemed every time someone wanted someone to pursue romantically they would ignore me. I came to realize it was partly because of a couple things, I'm not sure which one of these apply to you, if at all.

One thing I realized is that everyone else acted different, I acted very I would say awkward around people who got close while everyone got even more touchier with people they are close with. When anything sexual or romantic comes up you can see the innocence and inexperience in my face. One big one was that no one thought I was in the open market. Meaning when it was known I never dated anyone, they would look and see someone who sorta kept to himself and thought I wasn't looking for a relationship, something I feel is very common with you. People mistaken shyness or non assertiveness with a person who does those things on purpose than because it's difficult to do different.

I'm not sure what you have done already, but I suggest you get the word out that you are available without making it seem like you will go with the first person that falls in front of you. Go to more parties, especially those that are in other areas, so you meet different people who will have fresh opinions of you. Maybe do what that one guy said and just ask someone out, but that's bold. You really have to put yourself out there since you've never got your foot out the door, trust me your inexperience shows, people might just not know what it is thats showing, and will just know that you are different. There's other stuff but it depends on what you have donw and your situation.

What Guys Said 2

• You should take initiative you if really found no guys are asking you out. A simple, ''hey, i just wonder if we can get to have a drink together, sometimes :)'' WORKS

• You could talk to the and hold a conversation with them. That's all I can think of.

What Girls Said 0