How long into a relationship should you be in before you share really personal things about yourself?

How long into a relationship should you be in before you share really personal things about yourself? I have very little social skills and every little dating experience so I'm not sure when it is appropriate to be completely open with people.

For example: I'm a very shy and inverted person and when I meet some one that I think I could have a connection with, doesn't matter if I just met the person a few days ago, point is once I feel like there could be a connection I stupidly open myself up to the other person and completely honest with them. Which left me belong taken advantage of and heart broke, but hay I only got meself to blame for that ;( lol.

I don't want anything like that to ever happen again, so for future reference could you guys please give me some advice?

What Guys Said 1

• It is not about how long, it should be comfortable for you, how and when you do it. The real question is, is the person you choose to open up can be trusted. Because if someone loves you... no matter what time you open up... he will stay to the end.

What Girls Said 0