How to tell the guy I have feelings for him, without ruining our friendship?

So, i met this guy last weekend at a party, and turns out we go to the same school. Anyway we talk via text and things but we haven't spoken at school since Monday that was first time we spoke since the party which was Friday night and i have feelings for him, but i don't know how to tell him without ruining our friendship and without making it awkward.

Most Helpful Guy

• What friendship? You met the guy a week ago, there's honestly nothing for you to ruin.

• actually there is considering he is one of my Ex's best friend :/

• mm probably true aye. Thanks!

• You're welcome!

Most Helpful Girl

• I read what u wrote. If he is your ex's best friend, talk about it with him. You should drop hints until you realize that he's into you. Plus you don't just want to start flirting with him without knowing if he's interested in you. Good luck by the way you're soo pretty:)

• Yeah, thanks, as in talk to the guy I have a crush on, talk to him about my ex?
      and aw thank you, likewise (: x

• No like keep talking to him and, if you guys make it obvious you're into each other, then you should talk to him about it.

What Guys Said 18

• You barely know the guy and haven't developed feelings for him - you are just attracted to him and happen to be enjoying conversing with him so far. I would just keep it simple and ask him to meet up, or drop hints of things you'd like to do but have no one to go with or something.

• You should ask him casually what he think about you in his answer if you find he's interested then you and make your next move...
    And yes probably he'll ask that question back then you can tell her what you think about him
    This will not be awkward coz he's asking :p
    N yes I'll prefer you to do this while you both are texting if you do that face to face then he or you might get nervous

• Why do you need to be friends with the guy?

• just start being blatantly flirty

• Just ask a simple question, ''would u want to grab a drink together sometime?'' If being direct seems too hard for you as a girl. If he likes you, he will lead the interaction. That's the fact of dating.

• If you have talked to him before, then ask him what he thinks of you. If you have not, then you could try asking him if he wants to hang out after school sometime.

• Tell him you are attracted to him.. watch his face... you will know to tell him that it's odd we are friends or he will make a move!

• You just met the guy nothing to ruin.

• At what moment when u met the guy u can't feel bad becaue there is nothing to ruin? Imean after how long into the relationship'

• I don't think there's a way to tell him without ruining the friendship. if he likes you then you'll be more then friends, if not he may find it weird to be around you

• You're my friend but at the same time I kind of want to have your babies. And if you look anything like you do in your profile pic I'm pretttyyy sure he will take the hint.

• i dont get it how u just got feeling after meeting him a few times, wait a little bit before u tell him, i think its weird

• Drop hints... Be extra extra :D friendly... I hope that works... Worked for me

• Just give hints Adam and if not then just tell him not to ruin anything

• Oh maan... that fast?

• Go up to him during the school day and start making out with him in the middle of the hallway, that will get the point across.

• try to talk to him and if you like him let him know whats up but let him know it you like him as a friend or if you like like him but it you dont want to do that just try and writing him a letter saying how you feel and what you like about him or just give him hunts here and there and hope he will get the jest,.

• i think its to soon, just let him now you like him by flirting, talk to him more then see what happens

• Don't worry. your body shape is perfect like Hollywood actress. urs breast is fantastic so any men like yours boobs and play with them and sleep on them and your lover is also that kind because he is also a man. So just ask and live happy with her but don't marry because after marriage men will change.

What Girls Said 16

• I think you should drop some hints and see how he reacts to them. If he reacts well, then it's a good sign for you.
    I would say something like: "wow you're really *a personal compliment*, that's why I like you!"

It shows him you do like him, yet it doesn't terrify him.
    However, even if I did get positive signs from him I wouldn't tell him I have feelings for him if I were you, since he might take adventage of this. The greatest thing you can do is to drop some hints and while you do this, try to make him like you back. Make him work hard for you, girl!

• Girl it will ruin your friendship no matter how you say. So try to be calm and say. You have to face the results.
    Two option ; you will not say and hide this. But you have to act cool all the time and it is gonna hurt.
    Or you will say and your frienship with him will not be the same.

• I think you are just pure infatuated with him at this point. Do I think you should tell him? Not yet ! You guys haven't even started off the friendship , give it some time. Get to know him more and develop a connection before blurting out that "L" word.

• Maybe don't mention your feelings and see how it goes. try and get a feel for what he is feeling about you first. Drop some hints! Good Luck

• You met him last weekend so ur friendship is really not that deep. Ur a cute girl u should tell him. He probably likes u too

• But... The strong friendship hasn't been created yet so even if you destroy your current relationship you have with him, it wouldn't be much destruction, maybe only in your mind. I guess, if you were best friends, he would understood, accepted it and just went with it but still keep the friendship. The thing I suggest is to try to flirt with him and see if he flirts back. Then you will kind of know if he's interested too.

• If you like him its most likely going to ruin the friendship. Just tell him!

• If he's a good person to be around, he'll understand. Just say, you don't want to ruin your friendship and your saying this with good intentions but i like you.. if you don't like me back then that's fine but please don't let this ruin anything.

• Firstly, you guys are barely friends so there's not really a friendship to ruin. Secondly you can't develop FEELINGS that fast. You think he's cute/cool, that's it.

Just be up front

• You can't. As soon as you tell him there's a risk of losing your friendship. There's no "subtle" way about it.

• I think it's too early for you to be confessing your feelings. Keep developing your friendship and you can tell him after you've known him for a while - unless he confesses first.

• Never never never tell a guy you have feelings for him. I've done that mistake way too many times before & trust me it scares off. Some guys are afraid of commitment, do you think he may like you? If so just flirt with him & hopefully he catches on

• talk to him and tell him you like him as a friend

• Tell him that "I think I have a feeling for you." Or ask him that do you like me?

• If I were you I wouldn't make a move. Wait for him to do it

• Since you have only known him for a week you should start flirting. Start subtle and if he doesn't return it, go back to normal. If you already are flirting then start talking more in school. You haven't known him for long but, i understand you could have clicked. It might make it awkward if you just told him you had feelings for him. Try saying it teasingly then keep flirting from there. You haven't known him for long so if he doesn't like you back or flirt with you try to act like nothings wrong and don't let it stop your friendship. Good luck!