What do you think of PDA?

what do you guys think of it? personally I hate. I want to be able to kiss my girl whenever and wherever. I had this girl and she was so into this PDA thing so she would kiss me or let me kiss her anywhere except when we are alone.that one of the reasons I broke up with her. so what's your opinion?

and for those who don't know what it is explanation: public display appearance...i guess. I'm not sure lol

lol sorry I didn't know what it stands for
sorry it should say wouldn't kiss or let me kiss her

Most Helpful Girl

• my boyfriend and I are very close, when we are in public we always have our arms around each others waists or holding hands. we kiss on the lips all the time, just the quick dry ones though, just to say I love you. if we haven't seen each other in a little while, and we see each other for the first time in public, then we are going to be very affectionate, screw everyone else that has a problem with it. I have no problem with 'public display of emotional affection' but I think 'public display of sexual affection' is inappropriate. seeing two people that love each other makes me smile, but seeing two people that are horny makes me slightly disgusted.

What Girls Said 4

• i personally hate it. however, I have come to realize that I cannot forbid the other person from doing it because I should respect his decisions and likes. so I will not be as affectionate back, and will never initiate, but I'll let it happen.

• I'm not a big fan of PDA in certain places. If we're at class, then no, I don't want to be doing it, or see others doing it. The most you'll get out of me is holding my hand. However, if we're chilling somewhere or we're out on a date? I'm okay with it. It just depends on the situation for me.

• okay pda is public display of affection. I am personally totally okay wit it. to me when a boyfriend kisses me in public he wants like everyone to know tht we love each other nd its kinda hott too kiss in public. pda isn't just kissin and/or makin out its also like hugging holding hand linked arms arms around eachother.

• I think we shouldn't have to worry about it. if you and ur S.O (Significant other) having feelings for each other why can't you show then how much you love them? And if someone is checking out your BF/GF even if you are right there. why isn't it ok to plant a kiss right there? Yea sounds a little mean but I mean if you like PDA I mean I do I hate getting in trouble for it like at school. but if you do like pda you should show that affection alone, if you don't it isn't fair to the other person.

What Guys Said 6

• The harsher PDA is refrained, worse the protest can be:

you might enjoy looking here, about what happened in Chile:

New York Times: link

• I'd guess you're writing about Public Display of Affection: link link

Well, why be ashamed of displaying your affection? WHY? I've never hesitated. We hould not be afraid to shouw our sentiments

• There is nothing wrong with PDA's. it is bad if you do it too much tho, like if ur constantly making out in the middle of the cafeteria its a little weird and disrespectful to the people around u.

My mom has social problems and won't even like hold my dads hand in PRIVATE... she won't let him kiss her anywhere... she is ridiculous and I was allways like wtf is wrong with u?!

i personally have absolutely no problem with it, but 1 of my friends who likes me always yells at me when I kiss my girlfriend in front of her because she is like jealous lol, and another 1 of my friends squirms whenever she sees any display of emotion by anyone lol

• "she would kiss me or let me kiss her anywhere except when we are alone."

Thus she'd only kiss in public? Probably she didn't trust herself (or you!) not to exceed her limits in private.

• There was already a discussion on the subject. You might like to read it: link

• i think its disrespectful to other people around you to do it. I'd never do it in public.