Is 10 years a large age gap for a relationship?

I mean 18+ age

Most Helpful Guy

• in my opinion no 10 years isn't excessive, as long as both are of legal age!

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion, yes because you're at different points in life. When i was 18 i dated a man that was 34 & it was definitely different. I wanted to go out and have fun and he worked a lot and also wanted sex fairly quickly. Which of course doesn't apply to all but it seems like the older you get the more guys Expect sex. I also dated an 18yo when i was 21 & my goodness i had to leave because he was very childish. I felt like he was in HS still (which i dont blame him seen as he just graduated) but i was already a sophomore in college so it was definitely different. So i guess it depends on the maturity level but to find someone 10yrs younger at a mentality way beyond their years, thats tough.

What Guys Said 8

• Depends on the maturity of both parties.

• It depends on your age

• I said if I was 18+

• I am turning 31 in a week and my wife is 24.
      Thats the largest age gap that i had in a relationship

• After 22 no

• 50 and 40 is way different than 20 and 30...

• How young of an age are we speaking of

• What's your age?

• Yes. Unless he's rich, then no.

• If you're under 18 it definitely is.

What Girls Said 15

• Seeing as your under 18, probably yes.
    Later in life it's not that big of a deal.

• I think so, but I've liked a guy who was 32 when I was only about 20.. not sure if I would have dated him though. I think it just depends on the person and their maturity level.

• No not really. If you agree to share and love.

• Yes if you are under 18! I think as you get older (30's) age doesn't really matter as much as it does when you are younger

• Depends on the ages really... But its a bit of a gap...

• It all depends on your age and maturity level...

• It depends on the people involved. I usually go for guys around 24. I think it can be difficult if the older person is looking to settle down but if both people are on the same page then I don't find it odd.

• Physically , yeah but no. I don't know.

It depends on your age, as in if you are a teen, then yeah.

• 10 is a large number if you ask me. But whatever floats your boat.

• yes.. 2 years i almost to big of a gap for me, but thats just me. so whatever floats your goat, go with it ;D

• Yes, very much

• If you are under 18 then YES
    If you are older than 20 then it's probably okay

• No. The gap can be anything, so long as it's not with a child. (I know this isn't, you said 18+)

• In my fantasies, my fantasy guy is 10 years older... Actually, in the show he was a lot older than that, but being a fantasy I made myself older and him younger. *sigh

In reality, I personally think 10 years is a pretty large gap, but its not the worst. Its borderlining it.

• Depends. Considering you're under 18 it most likely is.