Why aren't tall girls interested in tall guys?

I'm a tall guy (6'6"), and I've dated quite a few girls since I've been in college. The funny thing is that the tallest girl I've ever dated was 5'5". Most girls I've dated have been even shorter than that, which makes me wonder, why do tall girls seem to ignore tall guys?

My female friend asked me recently why I don't date tall girls, and I was like, bring me a tall girl who's into me! They don't seem to exist, whereas the short girls are eager to date me. When I look around I see tall girls dating guys who are essentially the same height as they are. Why is this?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

5

Most Helpful Girl

• personality matters more than height.. and maybe a bit shorter girls are interested more in you cuz it seems unusually attractive to them.. whereas tall girls don't care as much for height..

• Physicality counts for A LOT, at least in my experience. When I lost fat and got leaner my dating prospects doubled. I do agree with you, though, that tall girls probably see tall guys as run-of-the-mill because they're tall, too. That would explain their general indifference.

• I never said physical attraction doesn't matter.. it does matter.. but less then personality.. I personally don't care as long as the guy is not shorter than me.. and I'd not keep a 6 ft or over standard while i date..

• What I'm saying is that personality doesn't even matter if the guy doesn't physically excite the girl. I learned that when I gained weight. Girls who shunned me then became much more interested in me after I got lean.

What Girls Said 4

• Weird. I have friends who are about 6' and even a friend who's 6'2 and they both prefer taller guys.

• Are they outgoing around guys?

• I've hit on four tall girls since I've been in school and none have given me the time of day. The odd thing is, a couple of the short girls I've dated have been crazy hot, much more physically attractive than the tall girls I've hit on. This makes me think that short girls rate me much more highly than tall girls.

• No idea man. I'm only 5'7.

• Well, kinda we are all in the same struggle and don't know why.
    I'm a tall girl, and tall guys don't like me.
    You are a tall guy, who says tall girls don't like you.
    Maybe you should try showing some inner beauty instead of height? :)

• "Maybe you should try showing some inner beauty instead of height?"

What do you mean?

• The thing is, though, I tend to go for girls who show *some* interest in me. If a girl ignores me at every turn, there's almost no chance I'm going to try to initiate a relationship with her. So when tall girls consistently ignore me and act like I don't exist, I get the impression that they don't like me. By contrast, when short girls go crazy for me and act like they really want to know me, that gives me all the evidence I need that they'd like to be in a relationship with me. People just naturally go where they feel wanted, and I'm no different.

• Well, I understand.

• Yea, I'm 5'5 and I love guys over 6'1

• It's so odd because there are a lot of girls who are average to short who are crazy about me, but tall girls could care less.

• Well, short guys need love, too.

• That they do, that they do.

• I think plenty of girls like tall men

• I know, but I wonder why tall girls specifically seem to be indifferent to us.

• Well, 5'8" would be a perfect height for me. I think girls of all heights are fine, but I wouldn't mind dating a bigger girl because it wouldn't be as awkward as it can be with tiny girls.

• I know short girls who are big