What stage of dating is toughest for you?

• Meeting people
  • Deciding if it's a match
  • Deciding if he/she is the one to be committed towards

Most Helpful Girl

• The commitment part. It's easy meeting people and going on dates, but deciding if someone is really who I want to stick with is a little harder.

• Yeah. Recently I've been dating a guy I really, really like though, so I'm all butterflies and would commit to him in a second haha (except it's objectively way too soon for that lol). So just depends.

• Thanks ^^

Most Helpful Guy

• I went with C, unless I am looking for something casual, I am too old to waste my time with people I am on the fence about

What Girls Said 16

• Meeting people. There's also the part where you're a few months in and you start getting cold feet? about being in a relationship and you wanna jump ship asap.

On a side note: Did GaG change it's poll layout? I don't think it was like this a few days ago. I saw the big, bolded % and thought it was the number of people that answered. Was like, damn, a lot of people had problems meeting people. xD

• Definitely meeting people. I'm not overly social.

• Commitment. I never want to feel like I'm settling, but I never want to let a great guy walk away. Always unsure, so I kind of let him take the lead on whether or not to commit.

• The part where they rip your heart and soul into shreds.

• I was leaning towards A but I picked C even though B and C seem to overlap in my opinion. There was this guy I liked but I had to take a good look at the situation. He kept doing stuff that were either a pet peeve of mines or stuff I don't even tolerate from friends doing. But because I really liked him I was putting up with it. It didn't go on to long before I told him I wouldn't be able to continue seeing him.

• Meeting people

• Trying to assess if a guy would be a match for me.

When I'm not in a relationship, I often have to go through lots of guys before I find someone I'm compatible with.

Submissive guys are rare (only further exacerbated because these guys are often shy). Being a dominant girl has its downsides.

• 2nd stage.
    I meet a lot of people when I go out :p
    But I can t find anyone that matches with me honestly.
    So I don t take it serious after that

• The first awkward stage that lasts about a month or two

• The part where you have to tell them they're not compatible to yourself.

• İ say third one.

• breaking up with him

• The one when I actually have to meet a guy xD

• Between A & B , because I can never get a date, I can never get past the talking stage... :/

• I voted C. I need to feel emotionally safe with a guy, if he doesn't let me know where I stand I tend to back off thinking he feels indifferent towards me.

• All 3! Along with the early stages where you don't know them, meeting the parents, friction over conflicts of interests/schedules, "in law" gift giving, wondering why they don't seem the same anymore and breaking up.

Whew, that leaves me with some days in the middle when we both feel like doing the same thing and sex.

No wonder I'm horrible at dating!

What Guys Said 14

• Meeting people. It's so rare that I find someone that I would be excited to date. Most people aren't very interesting or inspiring to me because they aren't interested in the things I like and they also don't make me curious about them, and while they aren't necessarily unattractive, they look just like everyone else so they don't stand out to me. They have the same personality as everyone else too. I can't see how a relationship with such a person would get me any closer to where I want to go, but a lot further away. In fact they might even influence me to give up entirely.

What makes it even harder is that I've already met a handful of girls that I really would want to date who were different than the rest, who really made me feel alive. But I moved too slow and/or messed up, so it would be hard for me to date someone that I feel is only ever going to be "just okay" when I know there is someone I would have liked a lot more, and if I'd only known what to do when I needed to know it, I would have been much happier. That's why it's so important to me to learn how to turn things around when I mess up, because every one of those girls counts and it's very unlikely that I will meet any more. A relationship with someone I find "just okay" wouldn't be fun or fulfilling but rather it would feel like work with no reward. I don't want to be someone who has to settle for "just okay". I want to be someone who gets what they want.

• Im actually very good at dating and finding out how I feel about the relationship and such. But I am also rather picky with who I commit to, so only 1 in who knows how much is a girl I keep dating past a third date and who wants to keep dating me with her expectations. But in the end, when I do commit the relationships are really solid and long term, so it equals out.

• For me, it's deciding if it is a match or not.

I don't have too many issues meeting people, because I'm the type to cast a wide net and chat up women and asking for her number, just about anywhere I go if the setting is appropriate for that.

My issue is that in the sample of my lifetime, is that too many females I've encountered just sap me for attention, or talk out of politelness, but I don't feel any real true interest on their part. So I'm always wary of those attention-whore types.

• Meeting can be a pain, depending on if you can hold a conversation or not. To me it comes down to the committed part, feel like I don't want to rush it but then don't want to wait to long.

Dating a women right now who we have been out 1/2 dozen times, we both established we like each other etc. But I feel like she is holding back a little so I really skeptical about asking her to be in a committed relationship. This seems to be where I blow things.

• Outside of school (highschool and college) it's meeting people cause you don't see the same variety of people or same people everyday

• Meeting people that I'm super interested in. The rest are easy.

• I'd say meeting but I mean once you get past that first part the rest is fairly easy.

• Meeting people there isn't too many options for me out there.

• Meeting people.

• Since I've never dated, it's definitely meeting people.

• Don't worry about it, everyone eventually meets someone.

• @MaybeNot1 Haha not everyone. My dad's friend from India is in his 60s and he was never able to meet anyone because he rejected the idea of arranged marriage.

• Probably the meeting part since I never meet or talk to people. Needless to say I've never dated lol

• I think you're missing a step. Oh, that's because it's only a step for men.

• seem to have trouble with the initial stuff , getting your foot in the door as they say , like meeting them or getting them to actually do things with me beyond small talk , or going on actual dates

• Fuck dating and fuck relationships