I told my ex happy birthday. What now. Does this mean we're back on good terms?

We ended on awkward terms... we didn't talk for 7 months, and it was killing me. I missed him, not as a boyfriend but as a friend. Which is what we started out as, i missed his presence in my life and i hate the silence between us. We used to be really close, but now we avoid eye contact, and never even say "Hey" even when we walk past each other, And I Hate That!! I hate that our relationship, which was founded on a friendship was destroyed in the process of our failed romantic relationship.
. Today i wished him happy birthday and he smiled really hard. .. he seemed surprised that i remebered and surprised that i spoke to him. He was like " You remembered my birthday? And i just started smiling like an idiot and we parted ways. Does this mean we're back on good terms? Or at least on our way to good terms.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Guy

• can't say for sure. But it sounds like a start

What Guys Said 2

• I would say good term. I can say happy birthday to people I hate.

• Stay away from him...

What Girls Said 1

• It sound like he okay with you. I don't think it enough to say hey we good! He just did something nice is all!

• If you want him back as a friend ask him! Talk to him!