I'm 26 and never had a girlfriend and still a virgin, Help?

I feel so depressed. I'm a 26 yo guy and all I want is a girlfriend for once in my life... I'm still a virgin too. I'm just too scared to talk to girls, they are very intimidating and kind of scary. I'm a clean shaven groomed guy and I go to the gym everyday. None of this is helping because I have no confidence and I can't swoon a girl with words...

How do I get a girlfriend? I Have no experience with girls at my age, am I doomed?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry you will find that special girl. you can always message me if you are still desperate, Im young but can teach you a few things ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude disregard these girls telling you that everything is fine. It's not man you are 26 and you should of lost your virginity ten years ago. You need to get out and get some confidence. Lift some weights and put a body on yourself. I would personally pay for a higher end escort and get some practice with someone that doesn't matter. That way when you finally do manage to land a girl in bed you will have an idea of what to do. Goodluck man.

What Girls Said 8

• Well, you aren't doomed! However, if I meet a guy who thinks he's doomed and acts like it, they aren't the ones I tend to go for. My suggestion is find out what girls you know have some of the same interests as you and build up a conversation on that. It may sound silly but to improve your self confidence when you look in the mirror say some affirmations (eg. I am worthy, I am handsome) or whatever is keeping you from having confidence. Girls love being asked questions, and by asking questions you may find some similarities that you both can chat about.

• Wish I knew the answer maybe start by having small talk with a girl you like then find common interests and move from there after a few days maybe see if she wants to go for coffee.

I wish I could give you a better answer
    But I don't know how to talk to guys or even flirt so... ya 😶

• No but if you think your doomed then your doomed.

• It is more in your head. It is not that you don't have options, you are not confidently going to get them or you have high ideals. Don't try fake men's magazine ideas. Be the most original version of yourself and work on self-acceptance. The man I liked told me on the first day that he was not an alpha bro. That won him major points.

You are not doomed. A good girl will appreciate it.

• Best advice I can give- Learn an instrument and and join a band.

• I think you should find someone who is interested in what you are interested in! I am 19 and don't have a boyfriend never kissed /had sex etc. Find a kind girl and become friends and go from there!

• Don't be scared to talk to girls. A simple hey or hello can start up a conversation. Find someone that you are interested in and casually talk to them. You are also not doomed. I am still a virgin as well. Some people aren't ready for those types of things or just don't get the chance to do those things. Just go out with a group of friends (include girls) and then get a girls number so you all can hangout again sometime. You have to be confident about yourself (girls like that), but don't be cocky. Make a girl laugh. If you can make a girl laugh, then you are all set.

• Thanks but I have no friends and I'm socially awkward, I don't know how to make a girl laugh.

Should I just walk up to a random girl and ask for her number?

• Go out and talk to girls more. Don't be scared of girls
    You sound like good guy, don't worry you find someone

What Guys Said 11

• Women can sense 'desperation' like dogs sense FEAR!! Get over it, and just get comfortable with women!! Start talking with every woman that you meet, and RELAX!!
    Figure out your 'Way' and 'Style' by talking with those women that you aren't wanting, and just make them laugh, and figure out how to make them like you!!
    It might take a year, or more, depending. Just get comfortable with women, in general, and FLIRT!! Even with the Grandmas, and Mom-types, and watch their response!
    If you can tease, and get the Moms, and Grandmas to like you, and smile with your talk, then maybe you are ready for the ones you are interested in!.
    You have to play it cool, and DON'T SEEM DESPERATE!!! You have to engage them, make them smile, and like you, but leave them hanging, and not do what you think you would, normally, and fck it up!!
    I HATE that it is a 'game', but they seem to need something like the 'chase' and being 'desired' and there are higher levels of attraction, but start with making them feel good, complimenting them, and making them laugh, and like you, then leave it hanging, so they want more, and talk again, the next day, but remember that they want to feel special, and they like a sense of humor. . .

• Dude, I have the same problem, except that talking to girls is not an issue for me anymore. But I am going to tell you something that another user had mentioned on post about rejection. JUST DO YOU!!! For years I have put so much focus in "finding" a girlfriend instead of just letting things happen. And that is exactly why rejection has played such a huge role in my life simply cause I was looking for love rather than focusing on my dreams, instead letting it find me. Now, with me, my fear is the unknown. Will I find a girlfriend that there is both mutual attraction, the body type I want (athletic, I am a weightlifter, athletic women are sexy) mutual interesets, or even just finding a girl at all. And I cannot stress this part enough, CHANGE YOUR MINDSET! You have to remain positive in that things will happen for you. Like Steve Jobs said "You can't connect the dots looking back, you can only connect the dots moving foward" you have to stay positive, believe me, I know its super hard seeing couples together and your thinking why isn't that me. Everything happens for a reason, please, I beg you, stay positive. Something will happen for you, you have to believe it, once you do, you will see your whole body change. The way you carry yourself, the way you talk, EVERYTHING! I wish you nothing but the best of luck, now, focus on you, you are the most important person in your life, make him happy first!

• Man, you gotta put yourself out there, face your fears and do it! I know it's not easy in your situation, but if you never start, nothing will ever happen. So, go ahead, face it, it's not as bad as it seems. In the beginning you'll get nervous, stuck, insecure, but keep going that you'll get used to it and I'm sure you'll like it!

• Girls are people, dont approach with the intent to get a girlfriend. Just walk up to a girl and say hi my name is_________ its that simple, if she doenst respond its not necessarily you, she may have a boyfriend, girlfriend, or just not interested. But just getting shot down (or not getting anywhere doesn't mean you give up). Do it again and again. (Supermarkets, gym, the park, school, mall, anywhere you see a girl you think you might like)

remember you are just talking to another person, if something comes out of it great, if not you had a nice conversation with someone, trust me it gets easier each time you do it.

• I think of sex though if I do that, then my mind goes blank. I also lack social skills which may turn some girls off because they may see that as a lack of confidence

• No, your not doomed at all but if it's really as bad as you describe then you might want professional help.
    You just need to remember that girls are just people. Some might reject you and some will really like you. It's not going to destroy your world by just approaching one and having a conversation. Try it at least.

• find a prostitute

• You need to see a therapist, as this sounds like some form of social anxiety. If you've done all these things and it isn't working for you a professional could definitely help (and not some cheap pick up artist, a therapist).

• Confidence is key. If you're confident (even if you fake it) then everything will go well and no matter how many time they say no just take that as a learning experience and never give up. If you never ask then there's no way they can say yes.

• don't worry man I'm a virgin and 20 we can both die alone in this world that doesn't aknowledge us

• I don't know, do you have enough money to afford a dating coach?

• Man when you finally lose it I bet you'll blow her away you must be pent up! lmao