Am I being reasonable?

My boyfriend of 6 months broke up with me out of the blue and the only reason he will give me is that we just aren't right for each other.

Is it reasonae of me to ask him how long he's been feeling this way and to elaborate on why?

it just seems pretty harsh to just walk away from someone after 6 months with no discussion or explanation. I just want to know so I can learn from it for future relationships.

Most Helpful Guy

• sure you could ask if you really want to know but just know he may not want to answer or may give you an answer just to placate you

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course you should ask him.. Its your right to know why he left you coz that will be useful for you in the future, if u did a mistake u will learn from it, and if not, you will be able to be careful at the second time.. The reason he gave you is non sense

What Guys Said 3

• You should only ask if you feel what he's going to say is constructive. Otherwise you're probably only going to hurt yourself.

• You have a right to ask, but he also has the right not to answer. Honestly, it sounds like he just wasn't feeling it, and that's what he told you. There may be no further explanation to give.

• Yes, he was probably fucking around! Ask him! He might lie to you anyway! You don't need fuckers like that in your life.

• Why do you automatically jump to he was fucking around?

• @sjoes006 His reason for leaving is pretty weak...

• He said in too opinionated, I'm not open minded or adventurous, I'm judgy, I dislike things for no reason, I'm condescending and on and on.

I am open minded everyone whose ever known me would agree. I've been to 36 countries and all kinds of adventure. This is obviously how he felt about me but it in no way reflects who I am in reality. Oh well whatever...

What Girls Said 2

• That's rather abrupt. It's reasonable to ask for more information.

• Yeah, I think you deserve to know and he at least owes you a decent explanation.