How long are you willing to wait before sex?

Well I've never had sex even though I'm 20. And thought of it makes me worried. I mean I really want to get to know the person before I decide to have sex with him. Would guys consider this to be a problem? I'm not saying I would make him wait a year, but maybe a couple of months. Is this a deal breaker to guys?
So how long would you wait?

• Sex on first date
  • 1 week
  • About one month
  • 2- 4 months
  • 5 months - a year
  • I could wait forever

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like putting set time frames on things such as sex. Unless the guy is saving it for marriage, in which case that wouldn't fly with me seeing as how I view sex as a pretty important part of a good relationship. Aside from that, I'll wait however long it takes till both of us feel ready. In other words, till it just happens, which is how it took place with my boyfriend after we'd been been officially dating for just over a month.

What Guys Said 17

• Well I don't know that I have a strict timeframe, but the more interested I was in the girl the more time it would take for me to get annoyed and leave. I'd personally prefer having sex on a first or second date but I can wait longer than that. Maybe a month or two. If there was a legitimate reason I might wait longer, such as a medical condition or virginity. I could wait as long as need be for a medical condition and I might wait a few more weeks for a virgin to be comfortable but eventually if things aren't progressing at a pace I'd like I'm not gonna stick around.

• Second/Third date.

I'm not going to invest time doing things I'd rather not be doing for a long duration of time to get an implied product that is less valuable than the services I provide.

In a business setting, this would be called a bad investment with no returns.

• Chances are, I'd be the one making her wait. I'd want to wait at least 6 months, and wouldn't allow myself to put out before that--no matter how much i like her. But after that time, it really depends on how much i like her, how secure i feel in our relationship, and how certain i am that we are gonna last. I may decided to put out right at the 6 month mark, or i might wait 2 years. Again, it really depends.

• If she wanted to wait until marriage, then I'd wait until marriage. If she didn't want to wait until marriage, then I would wait until she was ready.

• It depends on the guy of course, but for those guys who really want sex to be between them and the one person they care about, they'll want to wait long enough until they're sure they're in a relationship that will last.

• I have no problems waiting a couple of months if she wants that... but if it gets longer than a year it might become a problem

• I cannot and will not wait more than one moth. Why should I? Any longer is a waste of time and frustrating.

• Marriage that's how long.

• Depends on the girl and if I saw a long term future. If I did, then as long as it took. If not, I'd be out

• No sex before marriage.

• If I like the girl I think she is relationship worthy I will wait until she is ready. I am not going to try and pressure someone to do something they aren't ready to do, that's just bad behavior.

• i would wait for a while if she admitted she liked me and told me to wait, but some are moving on right away

• -__- i had to wait a year lol worth it tho she was really cool.

• Forever=death I chose about a month but could wait a bit longer.

• I didn't have sex until I was 20 either but after you lose your virginity then you go crazy and fuck like bunny rabbits in heat.

• Honestly, until I started feeling unwanted and unattractive, or like an idiot or a loser. What exactly is the girl waiting for? To get to know me? Like, how well? Well enough to give her expert opinion in a criminal case that I'm not insane? Well enough to decide right there and then whether I'm "the one" and that she wants to marry me? Or, well enough that she feels comfortable and safe being alone and naked with me, and reasonably certain that I'm not going to like rape her or kill her?

If it takes her more than (30) days to come to that baseline determination, does that mean she's slow, has deep trust issues, or does that say something about "me"?

If after (30) days, she still doesn't know, what the hell does that say about "me"? Do I really give off that much of a creepy vibe? Then tell me upfront! Tell me I'm a creep upfront! Am I not attractive enough to get you to focus on something other than, "oh, I don't know, should I? Should I not?" If you don't find me that attractive, please let me know upfront. I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't find me SEXUALLY attractive. I don't want to have "pity" sex, or "compromise" sex, or "maintenance" sex, or "but I love him" sex. I want to have, "I want him to fuck me" sex.

So, if after (30) days (max), I'm "not" feeling that vibe from a girl, then I'll take the initiative to decide for her, and cut things off. If I get the "opposite" vibe from a girl sooner than (30) days, then again, I'll take the initiative for her and cut things off.

It has nothing to do with sex. It has to do with feeling attractive and wanted as a man, by the girl who you also find attractive and want. If it's not mutual and just as strong on her side, there's no point in wasting everyone's time.

• Exactly, like I understand a girl doesn't want to seem easy to her friends, the guy, or herself, but after enough times passes where she doesn't have to worry about being seen as easy, then why are we still waiting?

Does she not like sex? Is she not attracted to me? Is she just playing games?

• I am a virgin who is nearly 30 and I would have no problems being in a relationship with a woman that wanted to wait for sex.

What Girls Said 8

• where's the marriage option though? =/

• Till marriage. 😏💪🏻 Its gonna take some serious commitment !! But any guys my age will leave me if they hear the word 'I'm waiting till marriage" they'll be like "nah, not getting anything out of her." sigh.

• I couldn't wait too long, I'd be all over him. Too horny these days.

• If you like him for the right reasons, and he likes you for the right reasons, you guys could wait forever.

• We're waiting until we tie the knot.

• I could wait forever!

• Until marriage for me.

• I would go for sex on the first date. I like my dates to be fun and not boring ;)