I'm 16 and only attracted to older guys? Is it wrong?

Im 16 but i don't like guys my age. Im only attracted to older guys like age 28-40. This sounds perverted but older guys just turn me on. I've always been this way and my mom knows, she thinks there is something wrong with me. She almost had my first boyfriend arrested!

My first boyfriend was 26 when I was 14 and he treated me so well, it was amazing. But we broke up last year and he moved to another state. he still texts me but he's married now.

Is it wrong to want an older boyfriend th 28-40? I work at mcdonalds and there are a few guys this age range that are interested in me. i want to pursue them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well your question is somewhat controversial, but I will try to answer it the best I can. So as for you liking older men, that isn't something you can control. Your brain is sending signals and releasing chemicals in your body, causing you to feel that attraction. So when you ask is it wrong for you to be attracted to older guys, I would say no. The reason is that you cannot control who you are attracted to. Now your mom thinking something is wrong, is a different story. In her eyes, you are her child and was with someone 12 years older than you. He was 12 when you were born. She will look at that with disgust, and so will most people. Actually, if you're mom or anyone who knew that you were dating a 26 year old when you were 14 they could have filed a statutory rape against him. Since she almost had him arrested, it sounds like she tried to do just that. People stop worrying about the age difference once they get older. What would be considered wrong for a 14 year old and a 26 year old to be dating, if you were 26 and the guy 38, they wouldn't think too much of it. It's all based on perception. So to answer your question about it being wrong to want an older boyfriend? No, it's not. You have the right to choose who you want to be with. You seem to want someone more mature that acts like an adult, because childish actions is a turn off for you. Most people will look down on you, but the thing you need to remember, is that you deserve to be happy. So do what makes you happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay so you want someone to care about you and you want to care about them right? Well if you date someone that much older than you and the police find out about it, they will go to jail. Do you want someone to go to jail? Is that something you do to someone you care about?

You should also ask your mother for therapy since "she thinks there is something wrong" .

• 16 is legal in my state though, and i was thinking abut therapy

• so i can't have sex with these older guys even if i wanted too>? not fair

• Well do you *want* them to go to jail?

What Guys Said 15

• No its not wrong but you should wait until your 18. It's far more common than many think age makes no difference to sexual attraction.
    When I was19 I had a lover of 42.
    It works both ways. Mental maturity means that a lot of women seek older men's company. They are simply more mature than the guys of their age. Want company and conversation from a man that is comfortable with her company and conversation.
    When it comes down to sex. Older guys don't keep pestering for it. They take more time and care more for her pleasure.

• No shit that the old men are attracted to young body, you are the one who is compromising, not them. You not the only one, but it's quite rare in modern societies for a young girl to go with an much older man, because there is far more social equality in them.

tvtropes.org/.../OldManMarryingAChild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsQIOgkZt68

• Your mom is right.

• nothing wrong with that, I like younger gals, in their 20's, and I'm a lot older, it's what ur comfortable with that's matters. why force yourself trying to be with someone ur not interested in, cuz someone feels that's the way it should be.

• Your attraction is understandable and not unusual. But the adult men who will date high school students are mostly a sad lot. Wait a couple of years. You will have better judgment, and will not be scary young to older guys.

• It's probably not a good idea to go for guys THAT old. Both of your lives could be ruined forever!

• You should have no problem. Lots of old guys crave for young girls.

• My advice, don't act on anything until you are 18.

• You got a type, what can you do lol

• Yes. Lol but I know girls like you, uhh jailbait

• No its not wrong it's normal , like you but I'm attracted to older women :)

• I wish i was older, just for you :D

• Daddy issues galore

• Leave their money alone!

• Fake account.
    Seen that profile picture floating around on the internet many a time.

What Girls Said 7

• It's a pretty common thing

• Do you have issues with your father? Since you are considerably attracted to older men?

• It's okay, but don't date older men. They can get arrested for pedophilia, and that's not particularly a good thing. I suggest waiting until you're 18. :)

• Ah but there is this one guy I work with now, he is 34 and we have made out but didn't have sex. I dont know if I can wait til 18, I really like this guy but is he a pedophile for making out with me?

• Well, you're a child, and he's an adult. This means yes, he's a pedophile.

• No its nature

• No, just make sure they don't take advantage of you.

• Not here to judge you, but sweetheart give yourself a chance to grow first when you're 18 or older you can date that age range cause you're older and wiser to make those decisions for yourself and not regret them later in life.

• How about you don't until you're of legal age dear.