When a girls says she sees you as a friend over text convo?

There's a girl whom you never see in real life unless you two arrange a hangout. In a text conversation, you opened up you wanted to be more than simply her "friend" and she replied she sees you as a friend. Should you push it and ask for a hangout to discuss the situation, or should you let it go since she's already said what she has to say?

Thanks for the input people. I'll still try to arrange a hang out, but i'm close to accepting the sad fact.

Most Helpful Girl

• I sometimes use friend as a de facto for people I like but have no other term for. I am now holding back in using it is I am vaguely interested to not send the wrong signals. Even though is is a good default word.

I think it is meaningless or meaningful depending on the person

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in the same boat kinda. After a falling out, she reached out to me 2-3 months later and said "we're friends". No way in hell we were, friends dont go missing for 2-3 months, especially not after the falling out we had. Nonetheless, I wasted 8 months chasing her, only to get blocked in the end. Take it from me, stop dealing with her right now because you'll only end up hurting yourself.

What Girls Said 7

• Discuss what exactly? She sees you as a friend, I doubt meeting up and discussing your feelings will really change that.

• You meen "will not" really change that?

• i understand. You can try if you really want to though, wouldn't hurt.

• Oh sorry, there was no typo. I just couldn't read straight.
      I don't know, i kinda wanna have a girlfriend in my life, finally at the age of 22, but i don't wanna get the same answer in real life either.

• Same question back to you. When you ask a guy where you stand and he says 'we're friends' and you thought it might have been more. You're in the same boat as me. I think she just sees you as a friend. If she's not making the effort to be more, then she's being pretty clear.

• Take it as it is... if u oush too far u might make her pull back and not even want a friendship.

• We won't have a friendship anyway. We don't have any places in common. I only see her if I text and ask for a hang out. We don't speak that often either. Heck, this incident was a week ago and we haven't spoken a word since.

• It means excatly that! You are her friend!

• you should let it go...
    i really hate it when guys try to push it after i say that... it turns me cold and i don't want a friendship even more

• Let it go. She won't change her mind

I recently told the same thing to this guy on my whatsapp profile, and that was simply my nice way of saying "You're ugly"

• You should. It's different when you talk face to face

• Do you really think there's a chance of it producing a better result?

• Yeah, you can't hide behind typing anymore. Now you get to see facial expressions and body language.

What Guys Said 5

• I'd just let it go and move on.

• I was your age when something similar happened to me. I'll give you the advice I wish I'd taken. Don't speak to her again. Move on and don't make her a part of your life going forward. Learn from the situation but look ahead.

• You're her friend now buddy. On to the next potential partner.

• I know. I'm just having a difficult time accepting it. It gets really dark and lonely when i don't have hope :(

• You're not saying anything new, but you have a point :(
      I hate myself :(

• Im not saying anything new because there's nothing new to say. Sip some of that Bitch No More and work some socialization skills into your body.

• Let it go. If she's not into you, she's not into you, and being pushy is just gonna make her like you less.

• It's over bro, stale mate.