Was this a dick move to this girl?

Won two courtside tickets to a basketball game on the radio. Going today and I originally invited her and she didn't respond within an hour so I just hit up my buddy and he was stoked. She called back like two hours later all pissed off because she really wanted to go. I'm not telling my boy no and we already got plans are going to take an uber there and back. How do I politley tell this girl if you snooze you loose.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, it kinda was. I mean, people have lives, not everyone is glued to their phone 24/7. An hour isn't that long.

She didn't need to call back pissed off though, it's not that big a deal, but if you wanted to date that girl chance is probably lost.

Most Helpful Guy

• an hour isn't that long, unless the game started in 4 hours or so and you needed an answer immediately from someone, then that is a bit of a dick move mate

What Girls Said 19

• Yea, that's kinda messed up. Maybe she couldn't get to her phone right away...
    Just tell her ur sorry, but ur already going with someone else.

• Be straight up. Be like: Girl, I'm sorry, but you took too long and I took it as you weren't interested. My friend spoke up for the ticket before you. Sorry but if you answered me sooner I would have taken you. Just being fair.

• Wow, not everyone is glued to their phone...
    That was kind of a dick move.

You could have handled that better by telling her that you have to know within the hour. When you were going to ask someone else you should have said right then that you were asking someone else and the offer was no longer on the table.

• You maybe should've let her answer before you offered it to your buddy, but it wasn't her ticket in the first place. Tell her you'll take her if you ever score tickets again (if you want to pursue her still) but that you thought she wasn't interested when she took so long to reply. Simple miscommunication.

• You should have told her you needed to hear back from her within a certain time frame, and then you were going to ask someone else to tag along with you if she didn't respond. So that way even if she couldn't get to her phone within that time, when she saw your message she would realize that she already lost out on her chance without getting her hopes up.

• If you made the move to ask her then you should have either waited for her reply or told her you were going to ask someone else before just blind siding her like that.

• Yes, Dick move. You can't just give girl an hour with no response to move on. if anything, you text and call her saying "call me back ASAP" but wait till you hear back to actually invite her. then tell your buddy he's the back up if you don't hear from the girl.

• Just tell her or don't care about tell her.

• yes and no.

no because you waited for a response and thought of her first.

yes because you kind of treated her company are disposable and replaceable. like if i really want to go with someone i will contacting them a few times and get a "no i can't sorry" before i invite anyone else.

• yea, it was lame. an hour isn't that long.

• Just say it like it is. She has not right to be pissed off.

• obviously she doesn't have the right to be angry. she should've checked her phone.
    an hour is a long time and more than enough. that's happened to me thousands of times and i can't say a damn thing cuz it's my fault and nobody would say otherwise.

• and to reitterate,
      how is it her right to CLAIM it.
      it was never hers in the first place.
      you were kind enough to offer, it's not her place to get angry.

• She has no right to be angry, you were polite and a gentleman the moment you considered taking her first before your buddy. If she didn't pick up, it's not your fault, it was just a bad timing. Tell her that you appreciate her but since she never responded you didn't want to go alone, but that your first choice was her.

• If she really wanted to go she would've replied. I would have done the same thing. Tell her im sorry but i thought you didn't want to go so me and my friend are going. Sorry bout it

• You can just tell her that she didn't respond quick enough, but that you're sorry it turned out this way. If she's reasonable, she'll understand. If not, then she's a gem of a friend.

• Do not expect to ever hear from that girl again

• was she actually pissed or just dissapointed?

• It's not her choice what you do with YOUR tickets. She being immature. Go out together sometime as a raincheck if she means anything to her. If she doesn't, drop that drama.

• bros before hoes

What Guys Said 11

• I kind of am on your side. We had this same issue
    Like there's an event coming up, I got two tickets, it's once a year. I know a friend wants to go, she ghosts on me at the day before when I'm trying to make arrangements... I went with my best bud instead.

If it's an important event, I need confirmation, asap

• Unless the game was in a few hours, yea you should have given her more than an hour to respond lol

You should have mentioned that first to respond gets the tickets, but it sounds like you may have acted like you were asking her on a date maybe?

• I guess it would of been a date.

• ya, if you made it sound like you had sent out a mass text and first to respond got it, than she would have been way more chill about it. If you made it seem like you were prioritizing her for a date and then flaked out after only an hour... well good luck hearing from her again lol

• Lol ah well.

• I usually would give a woman a couple of hours to respond. If she doesn't, then that's her fault. She needs to check her phone more often. 2 hours is PLENTY of time for someone to check their phone. If not every minute (not necessarily recommended by me) at least once every 15 minutes. Tell her "You didn't respond soon enough."

• Why did you only wait an hour? She could of been at work or something.

• It might be interpreted as a dick move, but I personally think it wasn't. She didn't respond, and you needed to know if she was in or out, so you gave her an hour. She's overreacting.

• Is the game at Oracle?

• her fault for not responding

• Tell her this: I asked you cause I really wanted to spend time with you but you didn't respond in time and I didn't want to waste the tickets so I asked my friend. Im so sorry, if you were able to respond then I would have taken you.* buy her a gift

• Just tell her to fuck off

• nah, she was just playing the chase me game, thats not the type of girl u wanna be with

• I don't think it was a dick move, but you didn't exactly give her a lot of time to respond. I'm guessing you're not really all that into her. But hey, the way I see it, they're your tickets, and you can do whatever you want with them. You'll probably have a lot more fun at the game with your buddy anyway.