Guys: Would you hang out alone, one on one with a girl as friends? (vice versa for girls too)

Or is it considered a date? I have a friend/crush that I've known for about a year, we've made plans of going out of the city for an evening of skiing/boarding for a few hours together so he could teach me and that we could practice.

I don't consider our friendship close, and this is the first time we're doing it one on one. I'm not really sure if its considered a date or not, although he was the one who suggested us going together alone... neither of us mentioned anything about it being date-y.

Do you think he sees our friendship as something more than friends?

• Yes, if we are good friends, and it's CLEAR we are not interested/attracted to each other.
  • No, I won't waste my time with a girl unless I am interested in her. I'll only go alone if I was interested in being more than friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• To the Poll question, yes, but I've even done that sort of stuff with girls I've had some attraction for but didn't consider it a date. Like half my friends are girls, so I end up hanging out with them a lot. He could see it as just friends, but who knows, maybe it will evolve, but maybe it won't. If it does evolve, then it happened pretty gradually, but chances are nothing will come of it.

What Guys Said 3

• you should chill with him and find out ...skiing/boarding is fun.

• If I had friends, I'd hang out with them one on one without issue. Even if it wasn't clear, or we weren't good friends so long as we were good enough friends that it wouldn't be awkward.

• I hate hanging out one on one with people. It's awkward.

What Girls Said 2

• I hang out with people I know that like me one on one. If there my friend I'm not going to let a silly little crush stop me from hanging with them

• I have guys that are just friends, they know that's what are relationship is and so do I, no problems.