Does the fact that we met on Tinder mean there's no potential for an actual relationship?

Initially I went on it just because I was curious, but I ended up meeting a guy I really like on there. We've been texting every day and went on two dates so far, got drinks and food one day, and ice cream and a movie the next, and tomorrow we're going ice skating... but I still have this doubt in my mind based on how we met.

I've deleted Tinder since I wasn't really interested in it in the first place, but I'm wondering if this was doomed from the start based on how it started, and he just sees me as someone to hook up with, but it doesn't seem like it... He seems to really like me and be actually interested in me. He didn't even kiss me on the first date, just gave me a hug, and we did kiss on the second and kind of made out lol, but he hasn't made me feel like he sees this as just a casual thing.

Is it too forward or too early to ask about it? I just really like him, and I'd be disappointed if this was just about hooking up to him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it was doomed from the start just because you guys met on Tinder. A lot of people meet on dating apps; it's not a big deal.

It sounds like you have a nice thing going! :] you guys are going on fun dates and taking things slow. If you want a better feel for his intentions, you could say something like, "I don't mean to come off so forward, but what are you looking for?" It's not weird to talk about this stuff, and I'm sure his response will ease your mind.

• Thanks so much! Your response eased my mind at least lol.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• I'm pretty sure I've read about people meeting through Tinder then establishing a long-term relationship. Nothing is impossible.

• It is possible for to meet someone wants an actual relationship with you on Tinder but the majority of people on it seem to just want NSA sex.

What Girls Said 1

• You've only been on 2 dates and have known him for a very short time. It's hard to say. Meeting on Tinder itself doesn't mean that your relationship is doomed, although only certain kinds of people would ever make an account on that site. (I'm not one of them.) Just keep going and see what happens; don't be afraid to say no if he starts pressuring you to have sex or do anything you find uncomfortable 🙂