I want to fall in love very bad. And this is the first time in my life I've admit to myself that I want a boyfriend. What do I do?

I'm 23 - never had a boyfriend. There is someone I like. He has asked me out but I have declined as I feel I'm not my best yet. This is because I don't have a job. Once I get started somewhere, I feel like I'll be able to feel better when I go out with him. Am I wrong to think this?

By the way - he is very successful. He played in the NFL, and is now a full time model in NYC. I am a model too, I just don't have an agency yet.

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand! And for the people telling you to go for it..:they aren't wrong.. eh.. but i don't think it's that's simple either.

That feeling you have where you "declined because I feel I'm not my best" won't just go away. I think socially and mentally you've already subconsciously put his status slightly above yours.

But besides that anyway. In life it's so much easier to have a "better" more fulfilling relationship when YOU yourself feel at the top of your game. Which it seems like you're already in pursuit of. If you feel you need to date right now, or want to have fun with another then yea you can date and still pursue your career. But to me it will be that much more successful and fulfilling when you achieve it, believe in yourself, respect our status in life and find or come across someone on your level naturally as well :) if that makes sense haha.

Good luck (sorry wall of text)

Most Helpful Girl

• yes because ur not living your life.

What Guys Said 20

• Holy crap get back to him ASAP. I think putting career first is just an excuse. Getting a boyfriend isn't going to stop you from pursuing your career, just do it before you lose the chance.

• It's totally up to your confidence. If you feel you won't be confident without a job then I'd wait. Otherwise he seems into you and I'd go for it. Best of luck to you :)

• Yes, you are wrong to think this. If you like him, then go out with him. He's probably not worried about your temporary unemployment.

by the way, you should probably not put all your hopes on modeling if you have not already been paid to model. It's a crowded profession.

• Yes, go out with him now.

• That's an old question "should i better myself first"

personally, i believe that it is important to be happy with yourself, but many people get into relationships and stay happy in relationships because the other person makes them a better person.

If by being with this guy makes you a better person, then be with him, and use each other to become more than you are now.

• Yes. Well, actually who knows, but there is a saying I like which is "The perfect is the enemy of the good."

Sometimes you can wait and wait until everything is lined up and perfect, but you will have waited too long.

Seize the chance of love now, don't wait until everything is perfectly aligned.

• Go for it.

Question, what are you gonna do with this account if you and this guy (or any guy) end up together? :P

• You don't need a job to date a guy.
    You like him?
    He likes you?
    Go on a date and take it from there.

• Well first off you're looking to fall in love... Secondly, you already put the guy on a pedestal. Neither of those are things you want to do if you want a succesful relationship.

• He might have moved on by then

• go out with him. don't live your life thinking "what if?"

• When you really want it you can come off needy and that ruins things. Good luck I hope you find the right man. Put yourself out there

• Don't expect him to come around when you feel like it. Next time, you should ask him out.

• It's easy finding a boyfriend. It's harder finding a boyfriend that won't make you feel ashamed afterward.

• Yes, you are wrong stop holding back, if you like him then get something started before he moves on and you'll be wishing you took action sooner.

• No, you aren't wrong. Most men won't date women without jobs.

• Don't do it. You'll just break up eventually it's really not worth it.

• Seek mental help. You women have an issue.

• DO IT NOW!!!

• Your a model and never had a boyfriend? I find that very hard to believe

What Girls Said 3

• You have to put ourself out there when you're able to and when you're mentally there. The heart wants what it wants however you have to make sure you're specifically ready.

• Escort. com

• you shouldn't have declined him... he is probabaly confused now on weither or not you like him. i suggest you hit him back before you lose your chance