Do you think its bad to date for a very long time?

Like date for 5+ years. What do you think?

• Yes, 5+ years is too much
  • No, you will know him/her EVEN BETTER
  • I Don't Know

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, the difference between marriage and a relationship is just a signed piece of paper and two pair of rings, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hm, well I have different views I think when you get older it isn't bad and it's fantastic, however I first got in a relationship when I was about 16 and it was for 3+ years (ended badly) and then I immediately jumped into another relationship for 3 years, so in a way it's kind of like I have never been single for 6+ years and those are the prime years that I should've taken to date and get to know other people and not just settle down, I was indeed happy and I don't regret but I don't think I should've been so serious at those ages.

What Guys Said 12

• No, it is not bad at all.

• As in being in a relationship for that long? Obviously not. As in just regularly dating? I don't know, could be depending on what you're looking for.

• Well that's a bit to long for me without it moving forward but I mean if your comfortable with it then there's nothing wrong with it.

• It depends.. Are you both happy dating for that long? Are you both against marriage? It depends on who you both are as people. I know people who have been together decades but choose not to get married because they're against it.

• Casually dating for THAT long, sounds like a waste of time. Somewhere in between both should have defined that they are compatible for a relationship and be in one, or be in a friends with benefits relationship, or just be friends.

• Depends on what you want. If you aren't keen on marriage and kids you can date him forever. If you want to be married with children some day then it should have been discussed a long time ago (like about 4 years and 10 months ago).

• I've had sweaters that I thought I liked for 5+ years. Later on I thought, wow I really liked that? And that's a sweater. So I don't think dating for that long is bad. The only difference between dating and marriage is tax benefits and rings. If you want to really be with them, then it shouldn't matter how long you date.

• I've nvr date in the past 21yrs of ma life so how is that even consider 'bad' .-.

• Well, it has to evolve into something more advanced than dating even after one year.

• Yes because there is no need for that long either he can't afford a ring, he playing u, he's shy, or he not set to get married yet.

• If you mean date that long without getting married, depends on your age, and life goals.

If you started dating at 16, I'd consider it normal.

If you started dating at 32 and want kids, I'd consider it absurd.

• I suppose it depends on how old you are when you first start dating, but for me personally, if we have been together for two years or more, I would start to wonder if it wouldn't make sense to get married.

What Girls Said 8

• Why? Why would it be bad? From my understanding, most people get into relationships counting on it to last for a long time, or, the best case scenario, forever. It's stupid to date someone expecting it to end pretty soon. I love seeing couples who have been together for, like, eternity, you can see that they know each other very well inside and out, they're extremely comfortable around each other, they've learnt how to 'fit' together to the best of their abilities. It's great.

• Mmmm I don't know, it really depends though, sometimes you don't really have the choice because you're too young and can't afford financially to get married...
    But if I really liked the guy and we were financially ready to get married I would of probably been already engaged or even married by that time...

• Nothing bad or wrong about it.

• since when is that a bad thing?

• No, you will know him/her EVEN BETTE

• No, it's generally how people end up getting married

• I do not want to talk certainly because it never happened to me. But 5 years seem really long at this point.

• Depends on how old you are. It's easier for men since they don't have a biological clock like women do. Personally, I wouldn't date a guy for more than 2 years without some proposal. I don't want to waste the best years of my life if 5, 6, 7 years down the line he dumps me.