Why don't boys like me?

I'm 13 and in the 7th grade. I'm pretty and i actually model. I'm 5'5 so average height and I have been told a lot I have great posture. I'm skinny, have an hour glass shape, blue eyes, and reddish hair. I'm not popular but, not nerdy or necessarily unpopular. I'm friendly, get along with everyone, and i flirt. I dress pretty trendy and wear forever 21 and other popular stores. I wear a little bit of makeup but, not a lot. I've asked my friends and they all say they don't now why. I sound so conceded but, it's making me so insecure. I know i shouldn't let other people opinions bring me down but, other girls are being asked out or at least have heard of boys having crushes on them and i haven't heard of anyone liking me. When i ask people they usually says i'm pretty and shouldn't worry about boys. I'm told a lot it's normal for girls my age to feel insecure but, I want to know why no one takes interest in me. I know i sound like a whiny and conceded teen girl but, can someone please help!

Can everyone please stop saying i'm to young? I'm getting so many comments about that. Thanks to everyone who is giving me real advice!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'm in 7th grade too and I have had my boyfriend for almost ten months I have had a decent amount of guys like me and right now I'm like 4'11semi thick with curves but still sorta skinny, long black hair and lightskinned. I've noticed that guys tend to go for girls with darker hair and a tan skin NOT BECAUSE I HAVE THAT but because I've actually noticed it with other girls. Also girls who are girly but too girly. They dont like people who are full of themselves but even though I'm in 7th grade with a boyfriend who I love (and don't tell me I'm too young and blah blah blahbecause he is like my best friend) MOST boys aren't even worth it or worth paying attention to cuz at my school 97% of them are idiots lol. The most important thing is to be yourself and who knows maybe those girls can be lying about the guys whove liked them. Oh they also love girls who take care of themselves. Eventually you'll find a guy that likes you for you were only in seventh grade and we have a longgg way ahead of us XD good luck oh and also u sound really pretty

• 7th grade at age 22?

• how tf are you 22 yet in your comment you typed "Well I'm in 7th grade too..."? Why tf you lyin'?

What Guys Said 13

• You say you're a model right? It takes certain characteristics or features to have the ability to be selected as a model and the average guy rather he would admit it or not doesn't feel he stands a chance with girls like models so he wouldn't even want to try and as a guy I can say been there done that. You probably just answered your own question and it's more than likely due to them afraid of rejection being intimidated by you.

• Boys are dumb

• But, you're only 13, not 30, what's the gigantic rush and don't you think your assuming to much that boys don't like you?

• OH one more thing, trust me, if there's a boy who like's you, you'll never know about it, LOL!!! There's this thing called being shy and assuming the girl doesn't like me.

• Well, I do notice your self description is pretty much 100% physical appearance, and virtually nothing about your personality, likes, dislikes, hobbies, interests.

Maybe spend some time on things you like to do, and guys who share your interests will tag along.

• Boys your age are probably too busy playing COD and having sex with everybody's mothers on teamspeak.

• just wait until college. college is a whole 'nother level plenty of beautiful people everywhere i'm sure you'll fit right in. right now i would just pay attention to school and find some hobbies or things to do if you haven't already eg. video games, singing, drawing, guitar lessons, one of those can hook you a boy guaranteed

• at 13 you shouldn't worry yet lol.

• You're way too young to be worrying about boys.

• Maybe your boobs or ass is small

• If I were you, dont bother dating until High School or later. Not to sound rude or anything, but you'll be much better off that way

• Why would you date at this age? Unless you want to feel like a used up condom.

• cuz your frecking thirteen do some homework

• You're only 13; give it some more time. Before you know it, the guys will be lining up to ask you out.

What Girls Said 12

• Ah 13 *sigh* it was only three years ago but it feels like a hundred! Don't dwell on it too much. Your'e young. don't try growing up too fast! And im not trying to sound like im much older or anything! i tell myself the same thing still! Just be yourself. it may sound dumb and overused by now but it's so true. if you aren't yourself and you get a boyfriend like that you have to continue pretending and that get's super tiring and you will not be happy that way. You should feel this natural click with someone. it will just happen. it happens with friends and boy friends and you can't explain it. and there's nothing wrong with you!! don't think that! some people just dont find the right person and that's just how it is. You may not find the right guy till high school or college and that's natural and nothing to be ashamed of. also i bet there are a few guys who like you. you juts don't know it ;) maybe your'e so pretty and have such a great personality that they are intimidated by your shear awesomeness! and yeah. thats a thing!! so stay awesome, dont worry, and be grateful for your friends!

• if you say you are pretty and popular and have a status of being s model.. you are extreamly scary to boys your own age. a guy wants to shine in your eyes but if you are all those things listed above they will feel extreamly dull compared to you. you are out of their league and they know it. they dont even want to admit to liking you in fear of being laughed at.

if those boys at your school are too chicken to ask you out then try to go to some modeling events and meet other boys that model around your age. you guys will have a lot more understsnding and will probably get along better in the end.

and just imagine. you can tell all your friends 'my boyfriend and i are models'

• nope your to young for boys

• listen, i was always cute through middle school and high school and now in college (not to be cocky) all the guys are all over me. trust me, don't waste your time wondering why guys you will never see later in life think of you. let them be all over the other girls right now, you'll have your time to shine. guys don't make a lot of sense especially at your age!

• *Conceited

That is the word you are looking for dear.

At that age, boys are immature and intimidated by girls who are smart and girls who are really pretty. Believe it or not, they are just as insecure as you are. Cut then some slack. 13 is too young to date anyway. ( I get where you're coming from. on the not hearing if a guy likes you. Im 16 and have yet to hear it. It would be a nice ego boost *sigh)

• It seems like you are waiting for guys to come along and ask you out. Why don't you start approaching guys yourself?

Try finding a guy you like, and ask him out. Trust me, it works wonders.

• Just because guys your age aren't talking to you, it doesn't mean they aren't interested. Guys your age tend to go for the girls that are easily accessible for fear of rejection. they are most likely going for friends of friends, people they talk to a lot, or girls who are more experienced. Don't take it personally, and keep doing your own thing! Like you already said, don't let other people Get to you

• Meh your 13, some girls meet a guy who likes them at that age, younger, or even much older.

• Maybe it's because you're stuck up and all you care about it how pretty you are.
    It's possible that the boys surrounding you want a girl who can carry a conversation with them

• Maybe they're intimidated. They're young guys.

• Most probably because of the feeling of intimidation. Too young to think about that though. Don't worry, you don't need guys to validate your physical beauty. Also, you don't need physical beauty to validate attractiveness :)

• Child, you're 13. Boys should be irrelevant to you right now. Just go watch spongebob and eat poptarts or something. Once boys finally start paying attention to you, and I'm sure they will, you'll be wishing they'll stop. Boys can cause a lot of stress and they'll have you all up in your feelings. You'll start wondering when they're going to text you,, you're going to wonder if they think about you, you're gonna think about them, heartbreak is inevitable (most people get their heart broken at least once. Guy are a lot of work. So just stay young and stress free for as long as possible. When the time comes the boys will notice you.