Should I ask him out?

There is a guy that I've been talking to for a pretty long time now. I'm a junior and he's a senior. We sometimes see eachother in school, but we mostly just text eachother. About two months ago he asked me to go to this event with him, but I couldn't go because I was on a trip with my family. Lately we haven't been talking as often, but when we do talk it is very flirty. I really like him, and I think he may like me as well, but I really don't know. Anyway there is this performance next weekend that I have an extra ticket to, and I want to ask him to go with me, but I don't know if I should. I'm really nervous to ask him because we have a lot of mutual friends, and I'm worried about how awkward it will be if he rejects me. I'm really confused about how he feels about me because he sends a lot of mixed signals. Sometimes I think he really likes me, but other times I feel as if he is annoyed with me. I don't really know what to think. So should I ask him to go to the performance next weekend, or should I just keep my feelings to myself?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't ask him. Invite him. What I mean by that is, "I have tickets to this event next weekend. You're welcome to join me if you like." If he accepts, it's a date. If he says he'll be busy, he'll have to think about it, etc., it's not a big deal because all you did was invite him to come along.

What Guys Said 1

• just ask him? maybe say something like since I missed that event a couple of months ago would you want to go see... since I have an extra ticket? sounds like he's into you

What Girls Said 3

• I've learned in life that there are no such thing as "mixed signals""; Just mixed interpretations.

Guys are usually pretty direct in their delivery. "Mixed signals" means he only wants to keep you interested, but doesn't want a relationship. When your interest appears to be waning, he is suddenly nice again and when you show interest, he suddenly becomes an asshole.. I have endured similar situations that worked out with me having my feelings hurt many times before I learned what "mixed signals" really meant.

If a guy REALLY likes you, he will make it perfectly clear. Ask a female bestie to go with you, instead.

• Yes if you really want to!

• Ask him to go but, don't come out and say it's a date. If he says no then it won't be awkward if you don't make it a big deal.