Should I trust my instincts?

It's been nearly a month since we talked but I felt that he liked me a lot. Should I trust my instincts and reach out to him again even though he hasn't responded in a while and hasn't reached out to me?

• Yes
  • Probably, but I need more context to tell you yes or no
  • No
  • Probably not, but I need more context to tell you yes or no
  • I just want to see what others think

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you gone on any dates with him, or are you just talking? When you say he hasn't responded in a while, does that mean you reached out to him and he didn't respond?

• Well we met in an odd way. He's quite a bit younger than me and we met when he was traveling (we live nearly 500 miles away from each other). We exchanged numbers and began texting, never talking on the phone. He was very kind and we seemed to talk for hours with him asking me lots of questions. Then one day he didn't text me back and since then I've texted him on 3 different occasions in the past month (on one occasion I sent a double text 2 days apart and no response). He has done this once before but then quickly told me why. This time there hasn't been any response

• I've tried long-distance relationships in the past. After a while, one or both of us got tired of the distance, so we ended it. If he's planning to relocate, that's great, but when he's not receptive to your attempts to communicate with him, that's not a good sign.

• Yeah, I know. I've pretty much figured out what he wants (regardless of how much I think he likes me), but I just want to hear it just in case, for some odd reason, I'm wrong. I just don't know if it's appropriate for me to reach out again. Because if he does have feelings for me but for whatever reason is unable to reciprocate, I don't want to ruin that

Most Helpful Girl

• Go with your gut. Intuition feels what your eyes can't see. Ignoring you is as good an answer as words. The lack of response is your answer... he is not interested. If someone cares about you... you will know it. If they don't then you will feel confused and full of doubt about how they feel.

Is someone wants you to be part of your life then they'll make an obviously effort to put you in it. Move on from him, and find a guy who shows you that he feels lucky to have you in his life. A guy who makes you feel wanted and emotionally secure.

If someone ignores me again, I'd never " disturb" them again. I'd respect myself and walk away and love myself enough to let go and move on. I only reserve places in my heart or life for people who genuinely want to be there. 💜

• .. My gut tells me he does like me. Always has and still does. And caring about someone else's well-being doesn't mean I don't respect myself. This is not very kindly worded but okay

• Someone who likes you does not ignore you. What makes you think he likes you?

• I'm not sure if he's ignoring me or if there's other factors. He's shown interest in me beyond things I could help him with, my friends think he tries to impress me by acting more mature than he actually is, he's made comments that a person wouldn't make unless they at least wanted to know you better. The last time we had a text-dry spell he explained the situation in a way that made him seem very sorry that things like this have and will happen for the time being

What Guys Said 4

• If he's ignored multiple messages he's not interested. When a guy is interested he will respond.

• Yeah, I figured that awhile ago that he changed his mind, I just want to hear it. And I want to know the best way to go about getting it out of him.

• Yea, I miss you too.

• Typically women's instincts are almost always off. That's why they are in the kitchen.

• Just remember It is possible to commit no errors and still lose , that not weakness.. That Is life

What Girls Said 4

• It seems like you want a definitive answer from him. Maybe you need to text him and ask him for clarification just for your own peace of mind

• I should have added - I am like that too with needing an answer. Until I hear 'no', I will wonder 'what if'' so even if it looks like a 'no', I like to get clarification so I can properly move on. I think that is what you need to do as if you don't contact him you won't feel satisfied.

• I just don't want to seem pushy by texting him again any time soon. I'd rather wait until I think he's completely forgotten about me and then ask. But that may be extremely drastic

• If he hasn't been responding then I doubt he's that interested in you unfortunately.

• I put a very brief version of the story as an answer to one of the guys that answered this. Moreover, he has said things that my friends have told me could be interpreted as flirty or him trying to impress me. Problem is he's much younger (as in I'd have to wait a year in order to be able to do anything with him) than me, we met through someone else, he's long distance, and I'm not even sure he knows I like him (I try not to be too forward with him because of the age gap and other uncertainties about his future plans).

• Yup I would move on until he is old enough!

• Be strong and you'll come up on top