Is this considered domestic violence?

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years now. it wasn't until recently, though he's always had taken medicine for anger management, that he's been well almost a different person. I met him when my self esteem was low, he helped me stop cutting, and we had many similarities. we clicked and eventually started dating. honestly for a long time i was battling with manic depression. in recent months I've started taking prozac perscribed by a psyciatrist and I've been seeing a couselour so my mood as improved quite a bit. the reason i mention this is because i belived his actions were my fault. he called me a c*nt, a bitch, and a whore. hess kicked me when i was down, but me in a hold to make me feel like i couldnt breathe and has called me out on anything that did not reach his standards. its been rough though when living with my boyfriend and his family because of having no other residence at the time, i was called an ugly thing by his brothers, I've been dragged outside when they didn't want me around, and my bfs dad is a pervert who lifts up the covers and looks at me while i sleep. they also broke my phone, bankcard and threw glass items at me. i felt like shit. and my boyfriend didn't really say much to me about any solution but for me to do what they want. he appareantly tries to reason with them but nothing changes. my family is saying if he really loved me he wouldn't say things like stop being a waste of space, or threaten tobreak my leg, or kill/sell my dog. he would hide things he knew i would want and so forth is that really domestic violence or can it be due to childhood trauma, i know he was abused. i love hims still and want him to change his ways. please help

Most Helpful Guy

• ""he called me a c*nt, a bitch, and a whore. hess kicked me when i was down, but me in a hold to make me feel like i couldnt breathe and has called me out on anything that did not reach his standards. [...] and threw glass items at me [...] say things like stop being a waste of space, or threaten tobreak my leg, or kill/sell my dog""

Yes, yes it is. Why on earth are you still there?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can only help yourself by leaving. He won't change and I'm pretty sure you know this is highly abusive. Just because he was abused in the past it doesn't mean he gets a free pass to essentially murder you. Leave.

What Guys Said 1

• Love someone for who they are, not for their potential.

What Girls Said 0