I want to date an older man?

Always kind of wanted to try it out but I'm a bit nervous. I usually date around my age group so finding topics to talk about isn't so hard lol also how would i make that happen? If i flirt with older men, or men in general they usually think i want to sleep with them. I want something real not just hook ups. & please dont advice online dating, i don't do that.

Most Helpful Guy

• How much older is older. I ask this because some might consider a ten year age difference older? In all fairness dating older men is or rather shouldn't pose a significant challenge for you. I suggest this in the sense that there are many men who like to date younger women, so in this sense the finding of older men should be relatively easy. The greatest challenge I suspect you might encounter might become more evident the older the man is. There are definite differences in points of view as you get away from Millennials and you start to get into Gen Xers. Why do I say this? Well I'm from Gen X, and while I don't let it dictate every decision I make, I do know that we do have a certain world view if you like, and while we are hard working, dedicated and well educated we are also by in large a rather cynical bunch. The reason I mention this, is because I'm sure you can find someone and that you can also make it work and may even be able to make it work well, just be aware that the time you grow up in will impact your overall world view and some of these world views may be the source of some degree of friction amongst generational groups. Be patient and keep your eyes open, I'm sure you will find all sorts of older men who might catch your eye, just try to do a little research before you go out on the "hunt" ;-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Go to a bar where older guys eat and drink and get conversations going.

What Guys Said 9

• You can't 'make' anythng happen. Just join clubs or go to places/do things where there are going to be a lot of older men and see if any of them take a fancy to you.
    For example, hiking clubs, outdoor activities clubs, foreign language classes.. the list is endless.
    Good luck!

• every girl wants that at some point. just do it :D get it over with and stop wasting time with that phantasy ;)

• You might find that older guys tend to be more authentic which I think will make it easier. You must try to be authentic too. We are done with playing games so be yourself and act the way you feel. We know you are not perfect and we don't expect it from you.
    We are just tired of the games and don't want to lose time. Be direct, be authentic, be drama free.

• Um ok not sure why you would post if you don't want advice. It's a little confusing but I respect your wishes.

• All i said was not to suggest online dating. Everything else is fair game

• Very interesting. Now I'm more intrigued to the idea lol

• I have since wanted to do the same for young more mature women. I have only ever given advice never been physical. Some how they feel drawn to me and iam trusted. It's very fulfilling to help them.

• I want a younger wife and not for a hook up but to have a family

• So what is your question exactly?

• How old is older? What's your max age?

• whaage guare u looking for?

• How much older?

If it's a whole lot... you might have to initiate things. Heck, even if it's only kind of a lot. Because some guys might be interested, but don't want to do anything creepy and so won't hit on younger girls.

What Girls Said 3

• well don't just flirt.. date him.. go on more dates abd he'll know you are looking for more than just a hookup..

• Then date them but if ur under 18 u better not

• Just talk to them and see where it goes, once you get that that most 'older' men are just as immature as people of your age too but they are good at lying about it.