Is Playing hard to get still a thing?

The older I get, the more stupid playing hard to get seems to me. I'm someone who likes to wear their heart on their sleeve. Whatever I am thinking about, in reference to a relationship, I want to share with my SO. If I really care about them I will tell them and show them. Is this a bad thing? Or can it be a turn off for guys? I feel like guys are all about the mystery.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's still a thing, some girls still believe that, then wonder why they're single.
    Most guys don't like that, we prefer what you do. So don't change that.

• What's kinda funny though, is I'm pretty sure my boyfriend just broke up with me cause I came on so strong. I was talking about future stuff I guess but he was too!!

• Oh ok... maybe he just wasn't too sure about his feelings, so thinking about the future may have scare him

• That's what I think too 😕

Most Helpful Girl

• I was beginning to think I was the only one not willing to play stupid games. You are right I feel like if you like someone and your intentions are pure, why not approach and share? How else are you suppose to know the person is on the same page as you! It makes me not want to date anymore because everyone wants to play games. The world simply isn't ready for us girl! :)

What Guys Said 11

• Nah screw the playing hard to get. The mystery crap doesn't work on me because I don't like to make assumptions about people which is what the whole mystery approach feeds off of. It's alluring because a lot of people do assume and usually assume very positive things about the person.

But you know what they say when you assume...

• Playing hard to get is totally pointless. It gets too close to where the other person gives up and moves on. People who play hard to get have only got themselves to blame when it's over before it's started.

• it is stupid. it's a big reason why so many decant guys have no self-esteem.

• No, it's idiotic. Being honest about your feelings is absolutely necessary for a happy relationship. Games are for children.

• Playing hard to get will probably turn off most men, but some men seem to like the chase.

You don't seem like the type of girl who likes to play hard to get, so you shouldn't. You'll only be attracting the type of guy who you're not compatible with.

Guys don't want mystery anymore.

• It's a turn off. Especially if the guy has friend hobbies and a career

• it hurts. I know girls be doin that to me but maybe I have too much pride aswell.

• NO, no it isn't.

• For a moment I thought a guy is asking this question, because MYSTERY is one type of girls

• Yes I play hard to get all the time, it's a nice ego boost when a woman chases you :')

• I don't like play hard to get AT ALL

What Girls Said 5

• I feel the same way you feel about it. I think playing hard to get is just stupid and I'm honestly sick of it.

• it's still a thing for immature people lol. if a dude wants a fucking mystery, hand him a poirot novel.

• was it *ever* a thing? i mostly saw guys talking about it almost as an explanation for why a girl waas turning them down that didn't mean they had to give up.

• I have a feeling that with playing hard to get you can get the player to like you. Right? Becayse for a olayer the chase is wuit importent. But when a guy is really looking for something serious i can imagine a girl playing hard to get is a real turn off. So by playing hard to get you can attrract the "wrong kind" of guy...

• Play hard or get left easy...

• Only women call women easy just because they show interest. Scared of losing their advantage I guess.

• I mean she does have a point... That's why I asked. I feel like it's something the guy almost doesn't even realize it. I naturally play hard to get because I'm inexperienced, so it helped me out. But recently I started to get over my inexperienced hump. I don't think my boyfriend liked it. It was like the more open I was to doing stuff the more he didn't want it. After he broke up with me it almost seemed as if he was only after the chase.

• Sorry to hear that, the next one that comes along, just wait it out