Is this a potentially abusive relationship?

I met this guy online on a dating site about 9 months ago and we have been dating each other since we met in person around 7 months ago. I have only met him probably less than 10 times as he works away but we chat most days via messages. Only I have been thinking for quite a while now that something doesn't feel right with this relationship. I was happy for the first 3 months or so and after that it just seems to have been a rollercoaster of emotions. His personality seems to have changed unrecognisably from the guy he was at the start. He gets jealous and has accussed me of talking to other guys on dating websites when I wasn't. He wanted to know exact details of what I had done sexually with other guys before I met him. He has a very moody personality and the moods seem completed unrelated to anything I have said or done. Sometimes he has temper outbursts and shouted at me right in my face over something very trivial when I had not done anything wrong. We have argued quite a bit over messages and I very rarely argue with anyone. He never accepts responsibility for things, nothing is ever his fault and sometimes he blames me for annoying him. At the start he wanted to talk to me almost 24/7 for the first few months (I wanted him to back off but didn't really know how to say it) and now sometimes he'll ignore me for 3 days or so and then come back all nice again. I'm just confused as to what is going on it seems as if he's playing mind games.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I would leave the relationship and cut contact if I were you hesounds controlling and maybe it eould turn out to be one. leaving might be tough for you but when u like someone your often blind. best of luck sister

• It does sound quite off. I'd rethink this relationship if I were you!