He's sweet, but he's not attractive?

I started talking to this guy. We've never met in person, we met online, but he goes to the same university I go to so if we wanted to meet, we easily could. He's really cool. We share a lot of the same interests, and he's really sweet, I feel like I truly be myself when I'm talking to him. I don't have to try to be perfect or not completely weird, because he has a great sense of humor, and I think he relates to me really well. I honestly haven't talked to a guy that I've been this comfortable with in a while. I've told him things about myself that I don't really tell people because no one cares and he's just been really sweet. He calls me pretty and beautiful instead of hot or sexy which is what a lot of guys choose to say and I really don't like those words. So I think that's really adorable. I adore his personality. I like who I am when I'm talking to him... but I don't find him attractive. He has this awful beard and mustache that I just don't like, but he really likes his mustache. And he has a man bun... I hate it. I have seen pictures of him without the facial hair and man bun, and he's really cute without them. Not at all with them. I would never tell someone that they should shave or what to do with their hair because it would make me more comfortable. That's mean.

i don't know what to do. He's really wonderful, respectful, sweet, cool, but just not cute. I don't need the absolute most gorgeous person ever. I'm not perfect, I don't need perfect. But he's not cute.

Can anyone help me? I don't know what to do...

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to establish and let him know upfront that you just want to be friends with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe you should be mention that he looked really good when he shaved and didn't have a man bun. but dont say it like that just say you saw a picture of him like that and that he looked really good in it! and maybe playfully ask why he doesn't choose to look like that anymore. but make sure you sound lighthearted as to not offend but if he doesn't change and you still dont find him attractive maybe it wasn't meant to be. now im not trying to sound shallow or anything but i thing attraction is a big part of a romantic relationship. not like someone has to be good looking to be attractive. i had a guy EXACTLY like that. i could tell him anything and i was super comfortable with him but he is by no means good looking but i used to find him so attractive just because when you get to know someone and you really like their personality their whole thing suddenly gets way more attractive. i think its in their mannerisms or the little things about them that are attractive or maybe the things they are able to do. then after a while he changed and i changed and were still really close but we aren't into each other any longer. It just wasn't meant to be. i think he may just be a really good friend who happens to be a guy

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I think you are being incredibly vain. Who cares if he has a beard or man bun. He likes it. I am sure there are characteristics about you he doesn't like but chooses to overlook because he likes you. It's just facial hair. If he is happy with the way he looks then that's all that counts. If you can't deal with a man bun or facial hair and his great personality isn't enough to over compensate then step aside and let some other chick have him.

• I'm sure there are things he doesn't like about me, and that's fine. I could look past the man bun, I really could, but the facial hair changes his face SO MUCH, it's crazy. He almost looks like a different person without it.

• Hmmmm maybe suggest it somehow?